Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell output to windows
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell output to windows Post 302166873 by sasia on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 02:34:27 AM
Old 02-13-2008
Shell output to windows

Good day Guys,

I have a problewm in one of my development project. I need to call a SAS job in my script. NO problem with this one, the problem is I need the output (an excel file) to be redirected to a windows server. The destination server is called pcfileserver. I dont know how to redirect the excel file here without using ftp since they dont allow us to ftp.

Thanks in advanced

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the output of unix script in windows

Hai Actually I work on CVS, where the server is in UNIX and the front end(client) is windows. Now I want to run a script in unix and get the output(report) in windows. Can anyone help me in this as to how i can connect to dos..... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrope
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to get the output in windows

Hai I want to run a script in unix and send the outptut to windows. As all the related files are in unix i can't run the script in windows. Actually my work is related to CVS, so I don't have much knowledge about unix but i have a general idea. Thanks, csrope (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrope
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

to put the unix script output on windows desktop

Hi could you pls guide a to automate that unix script output is avaialble on desktop.i can FTP and then download but i want to automate it. rgds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Assassin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[How To?] Run shell script and get output into another shell.

Hi guys, I have a simple question, I want to store the output of the following command: As you can see it is running all the time, and we get a new line every 3sec. I just want to store these new lines into a single variable, so I can use it into a script. To clear the screen, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thireus
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syslog files output to Windows

Hi there, Our syslog servers are unix. The files seems like local6 or somethign. How can I output the file to a file in Windows that I can maninupate? such as choose records that I am interested through the IP or time? Thanks, Margu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: margu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell - Auto complete shell windows

*Sorry for my other post in French* Hi everyone! In my work I have to find how can I auto complete this type of windows (screenshot) in Shell with defined variables. http://opsi-fr.opensides.be/opsi-doc/stable/xhtml/fr/images/mysql-config-input-mask.png Thank you so much for replies! :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devilsnake88
1 Replies

8. Programming

Printing Popen Output Using Windows 7

Hi Guys, I am new to python and I am trying to print ouput of Popen on my text screen (tkinter gui). I was able to make it work on Linux with this code: Linux: Working def PrintSomething2(): outputdata = commands.getstatusoutput("sudo fping -f host.list") for i in outputdata:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
2 Replies
FTP_SITE(3)								 1							       FTP_SITE(3)

ftp_site - Sends a SITE command to the server

SYNOPSIS
bool ftp_site (resource $ftp_stream, string $command) DESCRIPTION
ftp_site(3) sends the given SITE command to the FTP server. SITE commands are not standardized, and vary from server to server. They are useful for handling such things as file permissions and group membership. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $command - The SITE command. Note that this parameter isn't escaped so there may be some issues with filenames containing spaces and other characters. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Sending a SITE command to an ftp server <?php // Connect to FTP server $conn = ftp_connect('ftp.example.com'); if (!$conn) die('Unable to connect to ftp.example.com'); // Login as "user" with password "pass" if (!ftp_login($conn, 'user', 'pass')) die('Error logging into ftp.example.com'); // Issue: "SITE CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile" command to ftp server if (ftp_site($conn, 'CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile')) { echo "Command executed successfully. "; } else { die('Command failed.'); } ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_raw(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_SITE(3)