Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Security Advisories (RSS) S-174: Vulnerability in OLE Automation Post 302166770 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 06:30:07 PM
Old 02-12-2008
S-174: Vulnerability in OLE Automation

A remote code execution vulnerability exists in Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) Automation that could allow an attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability to make changes to the system with the permissions of the logged-on user. The risk is MEDIUM. If a user is logged on with administrative user rights, an attacker could take complete control of the affected system. An attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights.

More...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spell Check in MS Word using PERL OLE

Hi, I am trying automate couting number of spell and typo errors in MS Word document using perl script. In perl script, i am using Win32::OLE module of perl to read MS word document. Can anybody tell me are there any modules available in perl which can be imported into my script to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123an
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

OLE ERROR in perl

Hello All, I have executed one script where i am getting this error,what may be the reason..... please help me out. OLE exception from Microsoft Excel Win32::OLE(0.1403) error 0x800a03ec in METHOD/PROPERTYGET "open" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MS Outlook + Win32::OLE

Hey guys, I'm trying to go through my emails in Outlook until I find an email with a certain subject line. I am able to send emails with no problem, but reading emails and their properties (From, Subject, etc.) is my main problem. Basically, I don't know where to start and using search engines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Win32::OLE Inserting Picture in Excel

I am trying to insert a picture into a worksheet in Excel using Perl the following is the code use Win32::OLE; use Win32::OLE::Const "Microsoft Excel"; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); # Initiate Excel application $Excel = Win32::OLE->new('Excel.Application', 'Quit'); $Excel->{Visible} =1; #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Details about WIN32::OLE

Hi all, Is win32::OLE module is applicable in linux system??? from my understanding it is not possible..because we have to use some tools for that..for more info refer this website http://oclug.on.ca/archives/oclug/2001-July/008100.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

win32 ole in deepr details in perl

Hello Gurus, I am begginer in perl. I would like to ask several questions, some related to perl and its syntax but most will be regarding to WIN32 OLE. My main goal is to develop script that will check word document structure (return some information) and make some changes in this document (if it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax and html ole parsing

Hi gurus I am trying to understand some advanced (for me) perl constructions (syntax) following this tutorial I am trying to parse html: Using Mojo::DOM | Joel Berger say "div days:"; say $_->text for $dom->find('div.days')->each; say "\nspan hours:"; say $_->text for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies
NWGRANT(8)							      nwgrant								NWGRANT(8)

NAME
nwgrant - Add Trustee Rights to a directory SYNOPSIS
nwgrant [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -o object name | -O object id ] [ -t type ] [ -r rights ] file/directory DESCRIPTION
nwgrant adds the specified bindery object with the corresponding trustee rights to the directory. nwgrant looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwgrant prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o object name The name of the object to be added as trustee. -O object id The id of the object to be added as trustee. -t object type The type of the object. Object type must be specified as a decimal value. Common values are 1 for user objects, 2 for group objects and 3 for print queues. Other values are allowed, but are usually used for specialized applications. If you do not specify object type, object name is taken as NDS name. -r rights You must tell nwgrant which rights it should grant to the bindery object. The new rights for the object is specified by rights, which can be either a hexadecimal number representing the sum of all the individual rights to be granted or a string containing characters representing each right. Characters within the brackets may be in any order and in either case. Spaces are allowed between the brack- ets - in which case the entire string should be quoted. Hexadecimal and character values for the rights are shown in this table: 00 = no access 01 = read access = R 02 = write access = W 08 = create access = C 10 = delete access = E 20 = ownership access = A 40 = search access = F 80 = modify access = M 100 = supervisory access = S for a possible total of "1fb" or "[SRWCEMFA]" for all rights. file/directory You must specify the directory to which to add the object as trustee. This has to be done in fully qualified NetWare notation. Example: nwgrant -S NWSERVER -o linus -t 1 -r fb 'data:homelinus' With this example, user linus is given all rights except supervisory to his home directory on the data volume. This example assumes the existence of the file $HOME/.nwclient. nwgrant -o linus -t 1 -r fb /home/linus/ncpfs/data/home/linus With this example, user linus is given all rights except supervisory to his home directory on the data volume. This example assumes that NWSERVER is already mounted on /home/linus/ncpfs mountpoint. AUTHORS
nwgrant was written by Volker Lendecke with the corresponding NetWare utility in mind. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contribu- tors. nwgrant 5/19/2000 NWGRANT(8)