Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users syslog Post 302166736 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 04:42:34 PM
Old 02-12-2008
The syslog() function will write information to the syslog, if that's what you want.
man syslog

Add the syslog call to your existing C code. You don't need to pipe data. If it's only for debug purposes, you can system() a sed call to do the regex filtering - without having to write a sed-like clone.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
Paranoid::Log::Syslog(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Paranoid::Log::Syslog(3pm)

NAME
Paranoid::Log::Syslog - Log Facility Syslog VERSION
$Id: Syslog.pm,v 0.83 2010/06/03 19:04:07 acorliss Exp $ SYNOPSIS
use Paranoid::Log; enableFacility('local3', 'syslog', 'debug', '+'); enableFacility('local3', 'syslog', 'debug', '+', 'my-daemon'); DESCRIPTION
This module implements UNIX syslog support for logging purposes. Which should seem natural given that the entire Paranoid::Log API is modeled closely after it. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS NOTE: Given that this module is not intended to be used directly nothing is exported. init log remove dump DEPENDENCIES
o Paranoid::Debug o Unix::Syslog BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Because we're keeping a connection to the syslogger open we don't support enabling multiple facilities that log as different idents, etc. The first syslog facility that gets activated will set those parameters. AUTHOR
Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This software is licensed under the same terms as Perl, itself. Please see http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. (c) 2005, Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) perl v5.14.2 2010-06-03 Paranoid::Log::Syslog(3pm)