Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Blade 100 Disk Compatibility Post 302166702 by BrewDudeBob on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 02:26:24 PM
Old 02-12-2008
Thanks. I don't have any spare drives to play with so I needed to know for sure before I buy a couple of disks. I'll be sure to be more specific with the nomenclatures when I do.

Will this one work?

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST380215A 80GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

As far as the sarcasm goes, I thought it was light hearted and was just trying to get a laugh. Wasn't trying to offend. Sorry if it did.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sun Blade 2000 and XVR100

hello, I have SunBlade 2000 with XVR-1000 graphics card. Xserver won't loaded. I've reinstalled OS 9 ( loaded Driver) nor 10 still won't do it. Anyone has this problem or have any ideas whats' wrong, greatly appreciated!! thanks in adv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anphdula
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Clone disk for Sun Blade 2000

Hai ......... my name Rio, I want to clone my harddisk at Sun Balade 2000 server with Solaris 8 OS, my question is : a. what kind method for making backup or clonning disk ? b. what method more easier , quick but still reliable ? c. how to proceed it ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rioria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sun blade 100 test-all frozen at pci@1f,0/usb/c,3

platform: sunblade 100 Solaris 10. When running a test-all from the ok prompt on this new (to me) system, it locks up at pci@1f,0/usb/c,3. It's been there for about 25 minutes. I do have a usb keyboard and mouse attached, both are known good. There is no flash stick/ thumb drive... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: montana77
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 Memory Upgrade

Hi, I've been a member for a while but have never posted. I have a Sun Blade 100 desktop and I just installed Solaris 10 and it is unbearably slow. I only have 128 Meg of RAM and need to upgrade. I have searched and found many online resources that have RAM, but I was wondering if anyone has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
12 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 cdrom problems...

FYI noob to here and sun blades... I have a sun blade 100 and I can't get the cdrom to work. if i try using vold that doesn't seem to work either...maybe i'm not using it correctly. Upon boot you can open/close the cdrom and it runs but after i'm logged in it won't open and i can't access it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaun138
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Connection sun blade 100 to pc

Hi, If someone please help as my efforts been exhausted in connecting my sun blade 100 serial to my pc. I am using null modem with DB9(female) in sun blade and DB9(female, using gender change) in pc. I am trying both hyper/putty 9600 8 N 1 configurations. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younics
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 not a Sun?

I have recently re-installed Solaris 10 on a Sun Blade 150 followed by a patch set (10_Recommended) dated 2011.12.05. I have just noticed /bin/sun now returns false, rather than true. See below. $ uname -a SunOS myblade1 5.10 Generic_147440-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 $ /bin/sparc &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstalling Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 100

For the past ten years I have owned a blade 100, and I had Solaris 9 running on it. Due to the fact, 9 is woefully out of date, I wanted to try 10, but 10 needed more ram, so I beefed up the ram to the full 2 gig. I have two 15 gig ide drives in the box (stock drives). But unfortunately solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardET
2 Replies

9. Solaris

help installing solaris 10 on sun blade 1500

Hi everyone can someone please explain to me how to install solaris 10 on a sunblade 1500 using cdrom? Thanks for your assistance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SUN BLADE T6340 - which OS ?

Hi, I have server SUN BLADE T6340 and i tried install debian sparc on this machine. Will it work ? In the specification is written only Solaris 10. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)