Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find information from complicated strings Post 302166607 by Tytalus on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 09:49:28 AM
Old 02-12-2008
assuming your naming convention is var1,var2..var9 then:

Code:
 sed 's/var.=//g' infile

should be sufficient if i've read your question correctly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find information about the hardware?

Hello I used to Red Hat and the common Linux commands, but now I have to deal with a SCO-Unix (Unix Ware 7). I have to find information about the hardware. What networkcard is installed? What graphiccard is installed? Which SCSI-Adapter and what kind of harddisks? What software is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a folder name and find it in another folder (Complicated)

Hi Script Experts, Here is my scenario: 1. /var/mqm/qmgrs folder will contain 11 folders as follows: 1. /var/mqm/qmgrs/Folder_Name1 ....................../Folder_Name2 ....................../Folder_Name3 ....... ...................../Folder_Name11 2. if Folder_Name1 exists... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find information about logins

Hi, all I want to make a bash script that print all users from a system using last command. I want to print the number of user's login in the format (descending order): 5 user1 address1 4 user2 address2 I am trying the command last | awk '{print $1 " " $3}' | sort | uniq ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter20
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search complicated strings on file

Can someone help me? I been figuring out how I can search and extract a complicated search string from a file. The whole string is delimited by a period. And the file where I'm searching is composed of differnt string such as that. For example, I have this search string: and I have a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated exclude option in find command

Hi all, In a directory, I have many video files. Example : As you can see, some of the video files come with a .aspx file (wich means the video is actually being uploaded and not entirely written on the FS) I try to write a bash script that would find all video files in the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gniagnia
1 Replies

7. Programming

GDB - how to find interesting information?

Hi all, I was wondering how to find interesting information inside the assembly code. As example, I've been trying something at smashthestack wargame. After viewing the assembly code via disassemble main command, I'm not sure what else to do. Hopefully someone can guide me here. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extended replacing of nonspecific strings in text files [beware complicated !]

Well, to make another post at this helpful forum :b::D: I recently tried something like this, I want to replace all those numberings/letters that are located between <string>file://localhost/var/mobile/Applications/ and /Documents/</string> numberings =---- replace with: first... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to find Kernel development Information

Hi, I would like to do some research on the Linux kernel. Where can I find information about the current kernel development, who is working on the kernel. I looked up the change log on the kernels main page, but that doesn't help either. My goal is to find out where the focus of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Command to find the harddisk information

I tried to find the harddisk information using the command hdparm -i /dev/sda. But I couldn't get the info. Is there any similar command to find the harddisk serial number. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)