Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Issue with user logging in to HP UX Server Post 302166528 by vbe on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 05:12:57 AM
Old 02-12-2008
Greetings!

"I have a HP UX server and some HP UX workstations that has been migrated from another network. I have changed the IP Addresses and everything seems to be working fine."
And you updated /etc/hosts etc...?

"However, the users are complaining that they are unable to login to the UX server using their login previously created. However, all the server and workstation is able to communicate with each other (ping tests and telnet session works fine)."
What users are you talking about? (the ones with HPUX workstations?)
How did they used to connect to the server?

"I wonder if it has anything to do with NIS or related issues? As I only have basic knowledge of HP UX OS but anything else I am pretty much in the blind." That information will be in /etc/nsswitch.conf - What do you have on the line hosts ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User logging log

Hi, Does anybody knows is there a way or how to records user logging record? thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
4 Replies

2. AIX

Logging user logins

I want to know how I can turn off and turn on login logging. We have a server that appears to have stopped logging user logins. Running the who command shows nothing and the last command shows no logins for a month. The var/adm/wtmp file isn't full and there is plenty of space in the var file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging User Sessions

Hello, I am using a Linux server (Ubuntu 11.04 Server) to host some files and a code repository. Because we are using ssh + svn to connect to the repository, our users have normal ssh access. What I would like to do is log their user sessions so that I have an audit trail in the event that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisb1609
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Logging

Hi, I have several engineers logging into servers with the same system username and passwords eg root. I was thinking about adding a script to bashrc where a user is forced upon login to enter their name and once that has executed there history is logged/redirected to a log file somewhere. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxwellhouse
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scp File from root user in one server to say crt user in another server and avoid password?

Can someone help in writing some script through which I can transfer file (scp) from root user in abc server to crt user in hfg server and can give the crt user password in script itself so that it doesn't prompt me every time for password (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Keystroke logging issue

I'm having an issue with keystoke logging. As we know in unix you can press tab to auto-complete a command or whatever it is you are typing. Well keystoke logging in /var/log/ks, tabs are actually showing up as tabs rather than whatever the auto-completion was. Any ideas? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
5 Replies

8. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Logging to server to get etc/passwd file of all 300 server

i am new to scripting ,i need bash script in jump server to pull the /etc/passwd of all servers and the ssh keys are installed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: profiles
3 Replies
asecure(1M)															       asecure(1M)

NAME
asecure - control access to Audio on a workstation (OBSOLETED) SYNOPSIS
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] DESCRIPTION
On Series 700 workstations, audio is secured so that only the user on the local workstation can access audio. You use the command to mod- ify audio security. This command does not apply to X stations; on an X station, access to audio is unrestricted. To modify audio security, become root on the local workstation where you want make a change. Then, use as follows: When prompted, enter any meaningful password. Issuing creates the Audio Security File (ASF). The ASF contains information that determines which hosts and users can access the Aserver, and which users (other than the superuser) can modify the ASF. If needed, you can allow unrestricted access to audio on this workstation. To remove audio security, issue this command: If instead, you wish to modify security, you use to make changes to the information in the ASF. (Because the ASF is a binary file, we do not recommend using an editor on this file.) You can use to make these types of changes: o Allow all clients from a remote host to access the server. o Allow specific users from all other hosts to access the server. o Allow a specific user from a specific host to access the server. o Disable access control, allowing complete unrestricted access to the server, but leaving the ASF intact. Every operation that creates, reinitializes, or changes the contents of the ASF is logged in the file, so that you can track any changes to the ASF. Options supports the following options: Add/delete hostname,username pair. You must be either superuser or a to do this. You can supply more than one hostname,username pair separated by blanks. To use either the or options, you MUST supply at least one hostname,username pair. This option will not work without a pair. Create a new ASF file, called the file. Access control default is enabled with no entries in the access list. Aserver can now be accessed only by local users on the host machine. If an file already exists, it is re-initialized. You must be superuser to execute this option. This option is mutually-exclusive of all other options. This option requires a password. This is an extra layer of protection for the contents of the ASF. It is designed to prevent surreptitious manipulation of the ASF. If you are creating a new ASF, you are prompted for a password and an encrypted copy of that password is stored in the new ASF. If the ASF already exists, you are prompted for the password. If your password matches the password stored in the ASF, the ASF is then re-initialized. Disable access control to the Aserver. This allows unrestricted access by all clients. Enable access control to the Aserver. This restricts access to clients listed in the ASF. Enabled is the default state. Add/delete hostnames for ALL users. You must be either superuser or a to do this. You can supply more than one hostname sepa- rated by blanks. List the contents of the ASF. This option shows a list of the hostnames and/or usernames that have access to the Aserver. Change password for file. You must be superuser to do this. You are prompted once for the old password, then prompted twice for the new password. Add/delete You must be superuser to do this and must enter the password given when the ASF was created (see option). To see a list of privileged users, you must be superuser and use the option. Add/delete usernames for ALL hosts. You must be either superuser or a to do this. You can supply more than one username sepa- rated by blanks. EXAMPLES
List entries in access list. Disable access control. This means anyone can connect to Aserver without restriction. Add host for all users to access list. Remove host for all users from access list. Add user for hosts and to access list. Add user to access list for all hosts. Remove users and from access list for all hosts. Create new access list. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
asecure log pathname ASF pathname SEE ALSO
attributes(1), convert(1), send_sound(1), asecure(1M), aserver(1M), audio(5). OBSOLETED asecure(1M)