Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help (Select query)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help (Select query) Post 302166432 by Sathy153 on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 12:59:29 AM
Old 02-12-2008
Try this..

May be you can try this..

Solution(1)
=========
(1) Create a temp table with coln : ID
(2) Copy 100 Ids.
If you are using isql, then BCP 100 ids to temp table
(3) Modify the query

select * from
xyz x,
temp t
where x.ID= t.ID

Solution(2)
=========
(1) Use excel spread sheet & paste the 100 Ids
(2) use spread sheet macro & add "," for each ID
Example:

1002, and so on

(3) Use the below query..( paste Ids from spread sheet)

select * from xyz
where ID in (
1002, -- paste from spread sheet
)

Hope above solution helps Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a portion of file based on query

Hi friends :) I am having a small problem and ur help is needed... I have a long file from which i want to select only some portions after filtering (grep). My file looks like : header xxyy lmno xxyy wxyz footer header abcd xy pqrs footer . . (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the data from the select query in a particular format

Hi, I have a shell script that returns 10 records for the column Name and age from a select query. Where when i store those data in retrieve_list.txt file i need to store the data in a particular format like:- $Jason$30 $Bill$23 $Roshan$25 Here is my script: 1)... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.tendulka
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the data retrived by a select query into variables?

Hi Friends, Can u please help mw with the following query . I need to run a database sql statement to select particular fields from a table.I need to store the retrieved filed values into variables so that i can print it in a specific format. But the particular select query retrieves more... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file and passing the value to a select query

Hi all, Here is my problem. I want to read data from a file and pass the variable to a select query. I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Please advise. Example below. FileName='filekey.txt' while read LINE do var=$LINE print "For File key $var" ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Postgresql Select Query to Variable

How to redirect postgresql select query to a variable using shell scripts? I tried to use psql -c "select ip from servers" db | egrep '+\.+\+\+' | sed 's/^ *\(.*\) *$/\1/' Output: 10.10.10.180 10.10.10.181 It display ip addresses from the databasem, but how could i redirect the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select query implement in a shell

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

10. Programming

Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String?

Hey Guys, I'm using SQuirreL SQL v3.5 GUI to fetch some data that I need for something I'm working on. I'm also using the IBM Informix Driver (*Version 3.5) to connect to the Database. What I want to do, if it's even possible, is to show all COLUMNS if they contain the word "Email". So in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)