Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help: root partition crashed, fsck failed. Disk problem? Post 302166363 by arm_naja on Monday 11th of February 2008 06:09:57 PM
Old 02-11-2008
I'm not sure, but Can you try
Code:
fsck -y fsck /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0

option -y : yes for all question

I think it should fsck for raw device (rdsk).

Ratcha.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 04-10-2011 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root partition was full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root partition full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem re-formatting Disk Partition

I have a disk formatted as follows. Part Flag Tag Cylinders Size =================================================== 0 wm root 0 - 38125 26.18 Gb 1 wu swap 38126 - 49776 8 Gb 2 wm backup 0 - 49779 34.18 Gb 3 wm unassigned 4 wm unassigned 5 wm unassigned 6 wm unassigned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

4. AIX

Replace a Failed Root Disk in AIX

My root disk is failed and how to replace the root disk in AIX. Can u give a detailed explanation in step wise. Pls give the answer taking different scenarios. Regards Praveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnu_mulakala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space for root partition

Hello, I am trying to monitor disk space for each node on the machine. I am able to get all individual nodes but for the '/' node. For example: df -k: bash-2.05b# df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/xxx 4127108 2415340 1502120 62% / /dev/yyy ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard-disk partition is Full problem?

HI, Currently I am working in One of the webhosting company and I found on one of my server "/home" partition is getting full say 105% usage... But when I actually check the partition size using "du -h", exact partition utilization is only 60-70%. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk crashed

My system is SUN Solaris 5.6 and one of the disks on the server got crashed. Here are the details d23: Mirror Submirror 0: d24 State: Okay Submirror 1: d25 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

vxvm root disk booting problem - solved with boot -a. How?

Hi All, We had a Sun Netra T1 go down the other day, the root disk was mirrored using vxvm. Upon boot from either disk, we had the following error appear: WARNING: Error writing ufs log state WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error WARNING: Please umount(1M) / and run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to run fsck on root file system

I am trying to root disk mirroring on SunFire V210 Server. There are two disks on this server c1t0d0 and c1t1d0 . I completed all the steps and I updated the vfstab file too. After I have updated the vfstab file I run df -h command but could not see the changes i made in vfstab. Suddenly the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbi8321
1 Replies
installgrub(1M) 														   installgrub(1M)

NAME
installgrub - install GRUB in a disk partition or a floppy SYNOPSIS
/sbin/installgrub [-fm] stage1 stage2 raw-device The installgrub command is an -only program. GRUB stands for GRand Unified Bootloader. installgrub installs GRUB stage 1 and stage 2 files on the boot area of a disk partition. If you specify the -m option, installgrub installs the stage 1 file on the master boot sector of the disk. The installgrub command accepts the following options: -f Suppresses interaction when overwriting the master boot sector. -m Installs GRUB stage1 on the master boot sector interactively. The installgrub command accepts the following operands: stage1 The name of the GRUB stage 1 file. stage2 The name of the GRUB stage 2 file. raw-device The name of the device onto which GRUB code is to be installed. It must be a character device that is readable and writable. For disk devices, specify the slice where the GRUB menu file is located. (For Solaris it is the root slice.) For a floppy disk, it is /dev/rdiskette. Example 1: Installing GRUB on a Hard Disk Slice The following command installs GRUB on a system where the root slice is c0d0s0: example# /sbin/installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 Example 2: Installing GRUB on a Floppy The following command installs GRUB on a formatted floppy: example# mount -F pcfs /dev/diskette /mnt # mkdir -p /mnt/boot/grub # cp /boot/grub/* /mnt/boot/grub # umount /mnt # cd /boot/grub # /sbin/installgrub stage1 stage2 /dev/rdiskette /boot/grub Directory where GRUB files reside. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ boot(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), kernel(1M), attributes(5) Installing GRUB on the master boot sector (-m option) overrides any boot manager currently installed on the machine. The system will always boot the GRUB in the Solaris partition regardless of which fdisk partition is active. 24 May 2005 installgrub(1M)