Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu upgrading from ubuntu 710 gusty to the new release from synaptic ? Post 302166295 by reborg on Monday 11th of February 2008 02:44:30 PM
Old 02-11-2008
You could, but I would strongly recommend that you don't. KDE 4 is not a very functional desktop at this point in time, you would probably be better off sticking with KDE 3 for the time being.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminator shell not working after upgrading ubuntu linux

Terminator is a program that allows users to set up flexible arrangements of GNOME terminals. It has stopped working for me after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10. it does not give prompt to type anything. Just stuck with /bin/bash in the title. I removed and installed again, same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

3. Debian

Upgrading Ubuntu Server (10.04) using do-release-upgrade

I have a small server in work, essentially a desktop with Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. For the first time in it's life, I've started to get errors when running scripts involving large files. So before I give up on it, I was thinking of maybe getting the newer version of Ubuntu Server 14.04. I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
4 Replies

4. Debian

Synaptic

Dpkg-reconfigure brain, just quits on deb x86-7.8.0-64bit, desktop. what to do, where to report this bug, while using or opening synaptic on a debian wheezy7.8.0-64bit even one single character its quitting? Surely one can use apt-get purge or apt-get install or dpkg.... but synaptic is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Debian Synaptic locked up after trying to install Dropbox

Hello, I am running LinuxCNC (Debian Wheezy), I tried to install Dropbox via Synaptic Package Manager, apparently Dropbox is a dead stick on that OS. Now Synaptic is unable to start with the following message: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awg
0 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)						 KDE User's Manual						  KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)

NAME
kbuildsycoca4 - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca4 [--nosignal | --noincremental | --checkstamps | --nocheckfiles | --global | --menutest | --track menu-id | --help | --help-qt | --help-kde | --help-all | --author | -v, --version | --license] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsycoca4, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .xml, and .proto- col files to construct a binary database. KDE itself accesses this database during operation to provide configuration information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksycoca4, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Do not signal applications to update --noincremental Disable incremental update, re-read everything --checkstamps Check file timestamps --nocheckfiles Disable checking files (dangerous) --global Create global database --menutest Perform menu generation test run only --track menu-id Track menu id for debug purposes --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v , --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsycoca4 FILES
/var/tmp/kde-$USER/ksycoca4 The default directory where the cache files are stored. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations SEE ALSO
kdeinit4 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org: http://bugs.kde.org to report them. AUTHOR
Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net>. 2010-01-04 KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)