Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu upgrading from ubuntu 710 gusty to the new release from synaptic ? Post 302166295 by reborg on Monday 11th of February 2008 02:44:30 PM
Old 02-11-2008
You could, but I would strongly recommend that you don't. KDE 4 is not a very functional desktop at this point in time, you would probably be better off sticking with KDE 3 for the time being.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminator shell not working after upgrading ubuntu linux

Terminator is a program that allows users to set up flexible arrangements of GNOME terminals. It has stopped working for me after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10. it does not give prompt to type anything. Just stuck with /bin/bash in the title. I removed and installed again, same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

3. Debian

Upgrading Ubuntu Server (10.04) using do-release-upgrade

I have a small server in work, essentially a desktop with Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. For the first time in it's life, I've started to get errors when running scripts involving large files. So before I give up on it, I was thinking of maybe getting the newer version of Ubuntu Server 14.04. I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
4 Replies

4. Debian

Synaptic

Dpkg-reconfigure brain, just quits on deb x86-7.8.0-64bit, desktop. what to do, where to report this bug, while using or opening synaptic on a debian wheezy7.8.0-64bit even one single character its quitting? Surely one can use apt-get purge or apt-get install or dpkg.... but synaptic is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Debian Synaptic locked up after trying to install Dropbox

Hello, I am running LinuxCNC (Debian Wheezy), I tried to install Dropbox via Synaptic Package Manager, apparently Dropbox is a dead stick on that OS. Now Synaptic is unable to start with the following message: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awg
0 Replies
DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)				      General Commands Manual					  DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)

NAME
desktop-file-validate - Validate desktop entry files SYNOPSIS
desktop-file-validate [--no-warn-deprecated] [--warn-kde] FILE... DESCRIPTION
The desktop-file-validate program is a tool to validate desktop entry files according to the Desktop Entry specification 1.0. The specification describes a file format to provide information such as name, icon and description for an application. Such a file can then be used as an application launcher and to display the application in the applications menu. For information about the Desktop Entry specification, see http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktop-entry-spec. The desktop entry files are commonly called desktop files. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --no-warn-deprecated Do not warn about usage of deprecated items that were defined in previous versions of the specification. --warn-kde Warn about usage of KDE extensions to the specification. This includes the use of the KDE Desktop Entry group, of the ServiceTypes, DocPath, Keywords, InitialPreference, Dev, FSType, MountPoint, ReadOnly, UnmountIcon keys, or of the Service, ServiceType and FSDe- vice types. BUGS
If you find bugs in the desktop-file-validate program, please report these on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. SEE ALSO
desktop-file-edit(1) desktop-file-install(1) FREEDESKTOP.ORG DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)