Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mounting problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mounting problem Post 302166143 by bakunin on Monday 11th of February 2008 05:31:50 AM
Old 02-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi raj kumar
But when i am trying to mount cdrom with the command "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/cdrom" I am getting the following error
"Unknown device /dev/sda1".
I'm by no means an expert in Red Hat, but to mee the "/dev/sda1" looks suspicious. "/dev/sda1" should designate the first partition on the first ID harddisk, the CD-ROM should be /dev/cd0 or /dev/cdrom AFAIK. Hence the following command should work:

mount /dev/cd0 /mount/cdrom

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting disk problem

i am using Interactive Unix 4.1.1 and i have a disk from a another unix machine which is Unix Slackware 2.1 i'm having problem mounting the disk. it gives me an error message, ??? is there any solution to this ??? it say the disk has invalid file system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mharck29
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mounting

Hi people, I've made some search about it but i didn't find anything. I tried to mount my floppy, mount -t /dev/fd0 /mnt but it didn't work... it says : "Device not configured". Can you help me please??? And mounting my dos partiton... mount -t vfat /dev/hdc1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem mounting different named drive

Hi all, I've got a system here in which I have put a hard drive that was previously mirrored in a supposedly identical system. I am now attempting to boot from this drive alone but get these messages: --- ad4: 58644MB <Maxtor 6Y060L0> at ata2-master UDMA100 Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ar0a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbostyx
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting problem.

Hi, I wanted to mount my windows folder under linux using samba server.. I just run this command : $mount -t smbfs -o fmask=666,ajay //16.100.225.179/Build_stage /mnt/share ajay is user name .. it prompted for password i have given that now i saw error message like 27893: session setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CD mounting problem

I have a Sun9 server. When I put a CD into it, I keep getting: Server1{root}:$PWD=> mount: Permission denied mount: cannot mount /vol/dev/dsk/c0t6d0/roxio1 It mounts fine in my Sun8 boxes. What am I doing wrong? (I'm logged in as root). Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
0 Replies

6. Solaris

problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10

On my Solaris 10 server, I want to share out the directory /export/home/data, so in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file, I have this line: share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/data In the /etc/hosts.equiv file, I have this: + When I do a "ps -ef" command, I see that the "nfsd' daemon is started. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
2 Replies

7. Linux

Problem mounting extern hd (fedora 9)

Hi there, I'm having a bit of a strange problem which I would appreciate some help with. The Problem: I have two external hard drives, but I'm borrowing one off my parents to copy data too (one of mine, which is identical to theirs - WD MyBook 300g - is on its way out). Fedora 9 recognizes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasthidingplace
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Problem mounting harddisk

Hi all I am having a great deal of trouble mounting a harddisk on my Ubuntu 9.10 desktop. Output from "fdisk -l": Disk /dev/sda: 640.1 GB, 640135028736 bytes 86 heads, 15 sectors/track, 969196 cylinders Units = cylinders of 1290 * 512 = 660480 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00000001 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnymarkp
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

Having problem with mounting in HPUX

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 system. I've been having some problem in mounting a filesystem that has been defined in /etc/fstab as shown below. fstab entries: /dev/vgsap/ora10264 /oracle/PRD/102_64 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2 /dev/vgsap/orasapreog... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problem mounting SAMBA please help

I am trying to mount SAMBA/CIFS and it just won't work Here are my settings...please let me know what i did wrong This is Centos 6.4 box Thanks! cat /etc/samba/smb.conf comment = Samba path = /home/vm1/Desktop/samba writable = yes public = yes findsmb ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies
o2image(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages							o2image(8)

NAME
o2image - Copy or restore OCFS2 file system meta-data SYNOPSIS
o2image [-r] [-I] device image-file DESCRIPTION
o2image copies the OCFS2 file system meta-data from the device to the specified image-file. This image file contains the file system skeleton that includes the inodes, directory names and file names. It does not include any file data. This image file can be useful to debug certain problems that are not reproducible otherwise. Like on-disk corruptions. It could also be used to analyse the file system layout in an aging file system with an eye towards improving performance. As the image-file contains a copy of all the meta-data blocks, it can be a large file. By default, it is created in a packed format, in which all meta-data blocks are written back-to-back. With the -r option, the user could choose to have the file in the raw (or sparse) for- mat, in which the blocks are written to the same offset as they are on the device. debugfs.ocfs2 understands both formats. o2image also has the option, -I, to restore the meta-data from the image file onto the device. This option will rarely be useful to end- users and has been written specifically for developers and testers. OPTIONS
-r Copies the meta-data to the image-file in the raw format. Use this option only if the destination file system supports sparse files. If unsure, do not use this option and let the tool create the image-file in the packed format. -I Restores meta-data from the image-file onto the device. CAUTION: This option could corrupt the file system. EXAMPLES
[root@node1 ~]# o2image /dev/sda1 sda1.out Copies metadata blocks from /dev/sda1 device to sda1.out file [root@node1 ~] o2image -I /dev/sda1 sda1.out Use with CAUTION. Copies meta-data blocks from sda1.out onto the /dev/sda1 device. SEE ALSO
debugfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.4.3 February 2010 o2image(8)