Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Odd .sh behavior in script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Odd .sh behavior in script Post 302165987 by robertmcol on Sunday 10th of February 2008 09:22:14 AM
Old 02-10-2008
Resolved.... Thank you

otheus,

Thank you so much, this was driving me nuts wondering why it was occuring.

I was not sure how to go about the double loop when I coded this ,at the time all I knew was that if the parameter needed changing I had to call the function again.

The Double loop works nicely. thank you

so Bottom line here is I should not call Function (A) while in Function A.

I am off to fix my Slop .......

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

even odd script

I need a unix script that check for even or odd. EXAMPLE:::: please enter the number to check: 12 the output: This is an even number it has to have prompts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snyper2k2
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Odd storage behavior

Hi, We have some troubles with our HP server (rx4640) running HP-UX 11.31. The server is attached to a JBod cabinet. If the JBod cabinet is powered on and we power on the server after then HP-UX can't find the devices (disks) at the cabinet. Does not help to run an ioscan -fnC disk. But if I power... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoff
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Odd" behavior exiting shell script

Is it normal behavior for a shell script that terminates to terminate its parent shell when executed with the "." option? For example, if I have the example script (we'll name it ex.sh): #!/bin/sh if then echo "Bye." exit 2 fi And I execute it like this: >./ex.sh It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

something odd with my awk script

The code I am using #!/bin/sh for FILE in *.cfg; do awk '{ print; if ($1 == "host_name") store_name = $2; if ($1 == "register") { printf("\t\t parents\t\t\t %s-ilo\n", store_name); } }' "$FILE" > ../new-files/hosts/$FILE sed -i -e "s/notification_options.*/notification_options... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Perl script in a Bash script -Odd Situation

I am creating a startup script for an application. This application's startup script is in bash. It will also need to call a perl script (which I will not be able to modify) for the application environment prior to calling the application. The problem is that this perl script creates a new shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd results when my script runs from cron..

Hi folks, So I wrote a script to run "top", "awk" out values fro the "top" and send the results to a data file. I then set it to run in cron every 15 minutes. Now I'm noticing that the script, and it's sub-commands are not always cleanly finishing and, in my investigations, I am also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
11 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Odd(?) shell script practise

Hello, I often stumble over a common shell coding practise. Example 1: #!/bin/sh # # Licensed Materials - Property of IBM # Rational ClearCase # (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1999, 2010. All Rights Reserved # US Government Users Restricted Rights - # Use, duplication or disclosure restricted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
4 Replies

8. Programming

Odd behavior from GDB while trying to cross-debug an embedded Linux application.

Some background: The application normally runs on an embedded platform. Currently, for development purposes, I have the rootfs located @ /exports and the target is communicating over NFS. That way I can make a change on my local system, save the application @ /exports, and run the altered... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Odd behavior from passwd.

Hi Folks, Before I go off and start checking I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour before. # passwd e825390 Changing password for user e825390. New password: Retype new password: Retype new password: passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully. As you can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
ZETA(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   ZETA(3)

NAME
PDL::GSLSF::ZETA - PDL interface to GSL Special Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Special Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
Functions FUNCTIONS
gsl_sf_zeta Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Riemann Zeta Function zeta(x) = Sum[ k^(-s), {k,1,Infinity} ], s != 1.0 gsl_sf_zeta does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_hzeta Signature: (double s(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double q) Hurwicz Zeta Function zeta(s,q) = Sum[ (k+q)^(-s), {k,0,Infinity} ] gsl_sf_hzeta does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_eta Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Eta Function eta(s) = (1-2^(1-s)) zeta(s) gsl_sf_eta does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
This file copyright (C) 1999 Christian Pellegrin <chri@infis.univ.trieste.it> All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. The GSL SF modules were written by G. Jungman. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 ZETA(3)