Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system manager on 10
Operating Systems Solaris system manager on 10 Post 302165961 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 10th of February 2008 03:33:03 AM
Old 02-10-2008
smc is also in solaris9 (and 8, but im not 100% sure). but smc is real pain in the ass Smilie. to manage (monitor) a lot of servers go for "sunmc (sun management server). you can dowload it at sun.com...

hth,
DN2

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

"Web-based System Manager" error

Hi, I have a problem with the "Web-based System Manager" on AIX 5.3 ML04. When selecting category "File Systems" and the "Overview and Tasks", I get a popup with the following error: : com.ibm.jcb.RemoteSourceException: The remote call failed; nested exception is:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ebbi
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun N1 System Manager installation ??

Hi, Is there any easy way to install Sun N1 System Manager ?? I was trying to install it on Solaris 9 but when I run the install file (./install) it says "Perl version must be greater than or equal 5.8 !! how can I disply the perl version also how can update perl ? any advice for a good... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
1 Replies

3. AIX

Web-based System Manager (WSM)

Hello everyone, Would any of you know what group I need to be a member of to be able to change system settings via WSM? I have tried adding myself to couple of groups (adm, sucurity, system) but so far no good. I am able to see what settings are applied, but cannot change them. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juniorG
3 Replies

4. AIX

web-based system manager

dear aix guru, i have some question....i would like to set up broadcast message & email to root repeatly when the event had occured untill the error is fixed.... coz i got only one broadcast message & email when i start the condition... thanks ;) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: click007
0 Replies

5. AIX

Starting web-based system manager?

How does one initiate this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

7. AIX

Monitoring AIX with System Center Operation Manager 2007 R2

I can get my AIX servers to show up in SCOM but I'm struggling with running personal scripts and have the result of these scripts show up in SCOM. I'm currently using BigBrother and I've written some scripts for BB. I would like to convert these scripts to something that can be used in SCOM. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)