Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting warning in the Perl Script Post 302165575 by HPAVC on Friday 8th of February 2008 08:21:22 AM
Old 02-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkit
Thanks, But after using .dot operator and numeric values it is giving:

Argument "1 1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3\n" isn't numeric in sprintf at ./merge_eod.pl line 29, <APF> line 1.
You will get that when you try making a %s a %d

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redefine warning(Eval) in perl

Here is my perl Program: #!/usr/bin/perl -w my $a="sam"; my $b="ste"; my $c="abcdef"; my $d=931; $str=" @<<<<< @>>>>>>>>>> @|||||||||||||||||||| @######### \$a,\$b,\$c,\$d ."; open(FILE,">abc.txt"); $temp="format FILE = $str"; eval $temp; write FILE; print FILE "\n\n"; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL localtime Warning

Hello All, I am facing a warning "Argument "" isn't numeric in localtime at" what i m using is below my $timestamp = Timestamp(time); go_log("###############$timestamp###############"); can some one please suggest the way to avoid this message :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Use of uninitiated value warning

Hi I am brand new to perl and I wrote following code. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; while (<>) { @arr1 = split(//); $i = 0; foreach (@arr1) { $_ = $arr1; @arr2 = ($arr1,$arr1,$arr1); print "@arr2\n"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polsum
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting perl script from within a perl script with variables.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I can print the list with no issue. Just a blank screen with the 'do'. #!/usr/bin/perl open FILE, "upslist.txt"; while ($line=<FILE>){ if ($line=~/^(.*?),(.*?)$/){ #print "ups:$1 string:$2\n"; do 'check_snmp_mgeups-0.1.pl -H $1 -C $2'; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

9. AIX

Perl error : perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

This's my problem perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF-8", LC__FASTMSG = "true", LC_MESSAGES = "", LC_CTYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LC_TYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LANG = "EN_US"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl - Stream TAP from a Perl executable VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new->raw( 'script.pl' ); $source->assemble_meta; my $class = 'TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl'; my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); my $iter = $class->make_iterator( $source ); DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl TAP::Parser::SourceHandler - it has 2 jobs: 1. Figure out if the TAP::Parser::Source it's given is actually a Perl script ("can_handle"). 2. Creates an iterator for Perl sources ("make_iterator"). Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing TAP::Parser, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "can_handle" my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); Only votes if $source looks like a file. Casts the following votes: 0.9 if it has a shebang ala "#!...perl" 0.75 if it has any shebang 0.8 if it's a .t file 0.9 if it's a .pl file 0.75 if it's in a 't' directory 0.25 by default (backwards compat) "make_iterator" my $iterator = $class->make_iterator( $source ); Constructs & returns a new TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process for the source. Assumes "$source->raw" contains a reference to the perl script. "croak"s if the file could not be found. The command to run is built as follows: $perl @switches $perl_script @test_args The perl command to use is determined by "get_perl". The command generated is guaranteed to preserve: PERL5LIB PERL5OPT Taint Mode, if set in the script's shebang Note: the command generated will not respect any shebang line defined in your Perl script. This is only a problem if you have compiled a custom version of Perl or if you want to use a specific version of Perl for one test and a different version for another, for example: #!/path/to/a/custom_perl --some --args #!/usr/local/perl-5.6/bin/perl -w Currently you need to write a plugin to get around this. "get_taint" Decode any taint switches from a Perl shebang line. # $taint will be 't' my $taint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl -t' ); # $untaint will be undefined my $untaint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl' ); "get_perl" Gets the version of Perl currently running the test suite. SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyPerlSourceHandler; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl ); # use the version of perl from the shebang line in the test file sub get_perl { my $self = shift; if (my $shebang = $self->shebang( $self->{file} )) { $shebang =~ /^#!(.*perl.*?)(?:(?:s)|(?:$))/; return $1 if $1; } return $self->SUPER::get_perl(@_); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::File, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Handle, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::RawTAP perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)