Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file size changed after SCP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file size changed after SCP Post 302165570 by arunkumar_mca on Friday 8th of February 2008 08:04:56 AM
Old 02-08-2008
Thanks all ..

Please find the information below

*) I am transfering the file from UNIX to LINUX

This is the output of BDF command when i run it . SO it is having more space

lnx102:sndus:load>) bdf .
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
10.8.7.20:/vol/prod/sf_buffer
1258291200 6111328 1252179872 1% /sf/buffer

The size of source file that i am trying to transfer is
164283776 in unix

The file that trasfered to linux is with size

I found the wc -l of the transfered file and the total line transfered is 187311
lines .
I have taken the 187311 from source file and comapred the lined all are one and same but the file is not transfered completely .

What might be the possible reason ?..

Thanks,
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed File Names From CD

Hi All: I'm having a problem with transferring files from a CD to my AIX machine. I don't know if I am using the mount command properly. My problem is that when I take a CD that I have burned on my PC over to my AIX machine, whent the CD is mounted the file names have been changed (a more thorough... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoEagles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who changed a file?

How can I tell what user last updated a file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirkm76
1 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size changed

Hi I have many file initial size zero(empty) after some munipulation , one or more file will be greater than zero. I need to send those file names if they return to zero again. Ex. Initially the files are zero size Size filename 0 AAA 0 BBB 0 CCC 0 DDD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp shows size variation

Hi i have folder of 26 GB on server A and want to copy to server B .i used the below commands to check file size and scp copy du -h /folder : its shows 26G on server A from server B: scp -r user@serverA:/folder/* ./copying got initiated and i am checking the file size on server B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file size before and after scp

Dears does anybody know how to check the file size on server A and server B before and after scp using KSH. Script should be on server A. I will be using it for the below mentioned scenario: I have written a code to fetch files from server A, move it onto server B compress it and save it on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
transfer::copy(3tcl)					     Data transfer facilities					      transfer::copy(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
transfer::copy - Data transfer foundation SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require transfer::copy ?0.2? transfer::copy::do chan|string data outchannel ?options...? transfer::copy::chan channel outchannel ?options...? transfer::copy::string string outchannel ?options...? transfer::copy::doChan channel outchannel optvar transfer::copy::doString string outchannel optvar transfer::copy::options outchannel optionlist optvar _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a number of commands for the asynchronous of information contained in either a string or channel. The main point of this package is that the commands here provide a nicer callback API than the builtin command fcopy, making the use of these facilities sim- pler than the builtin. API
transfer::copy::do chan|string data outchannel ?options...? This command transfers the information in data to the outchannel, according to the options. The type of the information in data is determined by the first argument. The options available to this command are the same as are available to the command transfer::copy::options, and explained there. chan The argument data contains the handle of a channel and the actual infomration to transfer is read from that channel. string The argument data contains a string and this is the information to be transfered. transfer::copy::chan channel outchannel ?options...? This command is a shorter and more direct form for the command transfer::copy::do chan. transfer::copy::string string outchannel ?options...? This command is a shorter and more direct form for the command transfer::copy::do string. transfer::copy::doChan channel outchannel optvar This command is an alternate form of transfer::copy::chan which reads its options out of the array variable named by optvar instead of from a variable length argument list. transfer::copy::doString string outchannel optvar This command is an alternate form of transfer::copy::string which reads its options out of the array variable named by optvar instead of from a variable length argument list. transfer::copy::options outchannel optionlist optvar This command is the option processor used by all the commands above which read their options from a variable length argument list. It first reads default settings from the channel handle outchannel, then processes the list of options in optionlist, at last stores the results in the array variable named by optvar. The contents of that variable are in a format which is directly understood by all the commands above which read their options out of an array variable. The recognized options are: -blocksize int This option specifies the size of the chunks to transfer in one operation. It is optional and defaults to the value of -buffersize as configured for the output channel. If specified its value has to be an integer number greater than zero. -command commandprefix This option specifies the completion callback of the operation. This option has to be specified. An error will be thrown if it is not, or if the empty list was specified as argument to it. Its value has to be a command prefix, i.e. a list whose first word is the command to execute, followed by words containing fixed arguments. When the callback is invoked one or two additional arguments are appended to the prefix. The first argument is the number of bytes which were transfered. The optional second argument is an error message and added if and only if an error occured during the the transfer. -progress commandprefix This option specifies the progress callback of the operation. It is optional and defaults to the empty list. This last possi- bility signals that no feedback was asked for and disabled it. Its value has to be a command prefix, see above, -command for a more detailed explanation. When the callback is invoked a single additional arguments is appended to the prefix. This argument is the number of bytes which were transfered so far. -size int This option specifies the number of bytes to read from the input data and transfer. It is optional and defaults to "Transfer everything". Its value has to be an integer number and any value less than zero has the same meaning, i.e. to transfer all available data. Any other value is the amount of bytes to transfer. All transfer commands will throw error an when their user tries to transfer more data than is available in the input. This happens immediately, before the transfer is actually started, should the input be a string. Otherwise the, i.e. for a channel as input, the error is thrown the moment the underflow condition is actually detected. -encoding encodingname -eofchar eofspec -translation transspec These options are the same as are recognized by the builtin command fconfigure and provide the settings for the output chan- nel which are to be active during the transfer, and only then. I.e. the settings of the output channel before the transfer are saved, and restored at the end of a transfer, regardless of its success or failure. None of these options are required, and they default to the settings of the output channel if not specified. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category transfer of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
channel, copy, transfer CATEGORY
Transfer module COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> transfer 0.2 transfer::copy(3tcl)