Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting warning in the Perl Script Post 302165555 by rvegmond on Friday 8th of February 2008 07:04:47 AM
Old 02-08-2008
Maybe I'm missing something, what is exactly the contents of $ap_total and $ie_total.
what I assume is that:
$ap_total="1 1 1 1 1" and
$ie_total="3 3 3 3 3"
containing spaces (and therefore not numeric).

if you want to assign the string "1 1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 3" to merge_total you should:
my $merge_total = sprintf("%s", $ap_total . $ie_total) which has the same effect as:
my $merge_total = $ap_total . $ie_total;

but if you want to add ie_total to ap_total, than you should first get rid of the spaces in the strings $ap_total and $ie_total , and than add them to each other..

at least that's what I think, if I'm totally wrong let me know what you want to assign to $merge_total..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redefine warning(Eval) in perl

Here is my perl Program: #!/usr/bin/perl -w my $a="sam"; my $b="ste"; my $c="abcdef"; my $d=931; $str=" @<<<<< @>>>>>>>>>> @|||||||||||||||||||| @######### \$a,\$b,\$c,\$d ."; open(FILE,">abc.txt"); $temp="format FILE = $str"; eval $temp; write FILE; print FILE "\n\n"; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL localtime Warning

Hello All, I am facing a warning "Argument "" isn't numeric in localtime at" what i m using is below my $timestamp = Timestamp(time); go_log("###############$timestamp###############"); can some one please suggest the way to avoid this message :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Use of uninitiated value warning

Hi I am brand new to perl and I wrote following code. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; while (<>) { @arr1 = split(//); $i = 0; foreach (@arr1) { $_ = $arr1; @arr2 = ($arr1,$arr1,$arr1); print "@arr2\n"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polsum
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting perl script from within a perl script with variables.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I can print the list with no issue. Just a blank screen with the 'do'. #!/usr/bin/perl open FILE, "upslist.txt"; while ($line=<FILE>){ if ($line=~/^(.*?),(.*?)$/){ #print "ups:$1 string:$2\n"; do 'check_snmp_mgeups-0.1.pl -H $1 -C $2'; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

9. AIX

Perl error : perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

This's my problem perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF-8", LC__FASTMSG = "true", LC_MESSAGES = "", LC_CTYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LC_TYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LANG = "EN_US"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
add object(1m)															    add object(1m)

NAME
add object - Adds a value to a modifiable, set-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of an object entry SYNOPSIS
cdscp add object object-name attribute-name = attribute-value ARGUMENTS
The full name of the object entry. The name of a particular attribute. Specify only one attribute at a time. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes and corresponding data types that your application uses. The value of a particular attribute. The value of an application-defined attribute is dependent on the type of attribute. DESCRIPTION
The add object command adds a value to a modifiable, set-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of an object entry. If the attribute does not exist, this command creates it. Usually, this task is performed through the client application. See the DCE Administration Guide for more information about attributes. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the object entry. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
To add the value ps to the attribute printcap of an object entry named /.:/subsys/deskprinter, read the cds_attributes file to verify that the attribute shown in the following display exists: OID LABEL SYNTAX 1.3.22.1.3.70 printcap char Enter the following command to assign the value ps to the attribute printcap: cdscp> add object /.:/subsys/deskprinter printcap = ps RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create object(1m), delete object(1m), list object(1m), remove object(1m), set object(1m), show object(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide add object(1m)