Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to force executable creation Post 302165544 by stevie_velvet on Friday 8th of February 2008 06:32:53 AM
Old 02-08-2008
If your talking about a finnished compiled file whihc is executable, then
# chmod 755 <file>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Force to change to a different password

Hi, I notice in my Sun Solaris 8 sparc worstation, I am able to change my password to same existing password. That is, right now my password is abc, and I change it with "passwd" command and change it abc again. It will accept. How can I make it such that it will not accept same password?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to force the print Font?

Hi, Now I am printing my ps file as follows: lp -d n40prt0234 $i where $i is the file name passed in a loop. I need to change the file's print fonts to "Verdana and the Size = 10" how to change? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

3. Linux

Is there any way to unload *.so by force?

In linux, dlclose can unload the dynamic linked library when the reference count decreases to zero. My questions is: Is there any way to unload the *.so without caring the reference count? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to force a full duplex

I need to change some Ip addresses for my servers to reflect in the NIS map. I also need to force full duplex on the 10/100 cards & 1/2 duplex in the 10 cards. I can change the IP by doing ifconfig <NIC card > plumb up <newip>. Not quite sure on how to force the full / half duplex & how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Force date display

When doing a list with date info, 'ls -l', is there a way to force the dates to not change over time (go from hour:min to year) after 6 months or whatever it is? If not, I would like to know how to replace that column with the current year if it is in the hour:min format and leave it unchanged... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlet05
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Force Deleting the MQM

Hi, I have MQM installed and now need to force delete it because when I am using the command endmqm I am getting an error that says "Segemntation Fault". Can anyone please tell me how can I force delete (Uninstall) the entire MQM? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

how to force umount

sorry, wrong section, mod please close thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

8. Debian

Force readonly mount always.

I would want one of my partition to be mounted read only always... How to do that ? 1. /etc/fstab I know that, in options we can give ro -- so when the machine boots up or 'mount -a' it will be mounted read only. But i dont want that to be mounted when machine boots up. We will mount that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - force matching

for below perl code, if without ?, will print test, otherwise will print null. i know it is due to greedy perl regexp matching that eat out test by previous .*, i also know there should be a way to force perl to match if can match, can anyone help me to figure it out or lead me to the right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Force cat to use OFS

Hey, I am working on some file comparisons with csv files. csv files use "," as the field separator and I want to do a cat -n file > file to put the file numbers at the beginning of the lines, but cat uses "\t" as the separator. Can I force cat to use "," as the Output file separator. Or can... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MHardeman25
15 Replies
CHMOD(3)								 1								  CHMOD(3)

chmod - Changes file mode

SYNOPSIS
bool chmod (string $filename, int $mode) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to change the mode of the specified file to that given in $mode. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. o $mode - Note that $mode is not automatically assumed to be an octal value, so to ensure the expected operation, you need to prefix $mode with a zero (0). Strings such as "g+w" will not work properly. <?php chmod("/somedir/somefile", 755); // decimal; probably incorrect chmod("/somedir/somefile", "u+rwx,go+rx"); // string; incorrect chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0755); // octal; correct value of mode ?> man 1 chmod' and ' man 2 chmod'. <?php // Read and write for owner, nothing for everybody else chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0600); // Read and write for owner, read for everybody else chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0644); // Everything for owner, read and execute for others chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0755); // Everything for owner, read and execute for owner's group chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0750); ?> RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note The current user is the user under which PHP runs. It is probably not the same user you use for normal shell or FTP access. The mode can be changed only by user who owns the file on most systems. Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories you are about to operate on have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. In addition, you cannot set the SUID, SGID and sticky bits. SEE ALSO
chown(3), chgrp(3), fileperms(3), stat(3). PHP Documentation Group CHMOD(3)