Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO How to disable ports on SCO machine Post 302165470 by am_yadav on Friday 8th of February 2008 12:35:06 AM
Old 02-08-2008
How to disable ports on SCO machine

Hi All,

I want to disable some ports like tcp 111, udp 111 on my SCO Unix machine. Can someone please let mw know how i can do it? Also would i able to enable these ports in future if needed?

Here is the output of uname -a command to see machine type;

NODENAME>uname -a
UnixWare NODENAME 5 7.1.1 i386 x86at SCO UNIX_SVR5

Thanks,
Am

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

2. SuSE

Can we disable/delay login ports in suse linux ?

Plz . tell me the command in suse linux to rert availibility of login ports, disable login ports, & delay available login ports. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrguha
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable/Enable HP print services SCO OS 5

We're running SCO Open Server 5. On occassion we need to disable/enable HP print services. There's nothing that I have found in the HP printer manager that allows for this. I know we can stop/start print services via SCOADMIN. On occassion one of our HP printers will generate an error, the msg in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sighbrrguy
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable RIP in SCO Uniix

Is it possible to switch off RIP protocol in SCO Unix - if so how's it done ?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dewi.edwards
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable Serials ports in Sun Fire v490

Hello people from Argentina i said you Hello. I am doing some works from an auditory. They want to disable login prompts on serial ports. Somebody knows how to do that? Thank your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

6. SCO

Reset root OR crack old sco 3.2 machine

I have an old compaq running sco 3.2. the old IT guy died and we need to reset the password OR crack into the machine. I have tried mscreen and at exploits but can't seem to get them to work. I have access with other user accounts. This is a machine we own. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Block all ports of a particular machine

Dear Concern, I want to block all ports of a particular node (ip: 172.16.10.141) through iptables. My nodes ip addresses are as below:172.16.10.137 172.16.10.138 Please advise us. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
0 Replies

8. SCO

SCO 506 error Socket: All ports in use

Hello there . I have a unix box 5.0.06 , this is the error (Socket: All ports in use ). Can anyone tellme how to resolve this problem.:( Thanks a lot . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: YDO
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Disable xen machine to auto start on reboot

Hello Guys - I need to disable xen server not to start when the server is rebooted. 1) What is the parameter to be used to do this..below is the entry in my config file... on_reboot = "restart" 2) What is the default behaviors of the xen on reboot ? in case we comment this line from config... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 ssh on machine with multiple Ethernet ports

I have a server with 6 Ethernet ports. 4 are the the motherboard based 1 GBE ports and 2 are 10 GBE ports on NICs. I have set these all up with static IP addresses and use the standard /etc/nsswitch.files. My IP addresses are net0 192.168.1.82 net1 192.168.2.82 and so on till net5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashlaw
4 Replies
aconnect(1)						      General Commands Manual						       aconnect(1)

NAME
aconnect - ALSA sequencer connection manager SYNOPSIS
aconnect [-d] [-options] sender receiver aconnect -i|-o [-options] aconnect -x DESCRIPTION
aconnect is a utility to connect and disconnect two existing ports on ALSA sequencer system. The ports with the arbitrary subscription permission, such as created by aseqview(1), can be connected to any (MIDI) device ports using aconnect. For example, to connect from port 64:0 to 65:0, run as follows: % aconnect 64:0 65:0 The connection is one-way, and the whole data to the sender port (64:0) is redirected to the receiver port (65:0). When another port (e.g. 65:1) is attached to the same sender port, the data is sent to both receiver ports. For disconnection, use -d option. % aconnect -d 64:0 65:0 The address can be given using the client's name. % aconnect External:0 Emu8000:1 Then the port 0 of the client matching with the string "External" is connected to the port 1 of the client matching with the "Emu8000". Another function of aconnect is to list the present ports on the given condition. The input ports, which may become sender ports, can be listed with -i option. % aconnect -i client 0: 'System' [type=kernel] 0 'Timer ' 1 'Announce ' client 64: 'External MIDI-0' [type=kernel] 0 'MIDI 0-0 ' Similarly, to see the output ports, use -o flag. You can remove all existing exported connections using -x option. This function is useful for terminating the ALSA drivers, because the modules with sequencer connections cannot be unloaded unless their connections are removed. OPTIONS
CONNECTION MANAGEMENT -d, --disconnect Disconnect the given subscription. -e, --exclusive Connect ports with exclusive mode. Both sender and receiver ports can be no longer connected by any other ports. -r, --real queue Convert time-stamps of event packets to the current value of the given real-time queue. This is option is, however, not so useful, since the receiver port must use (not necessarily own) the specified queue. -t, --tick queue Like -r option, but time-stamps are converted to the current value of the given tick queue. LIST PORTS -i, --input List existing input (readable) ports. This option is exclusive to -o. -o, --output List existing output (writable) ports. This option is exclusive to -i. -l, --list List the current connection status. The connected and connecting ports from/to each port are listed together. The suffix flag [ex] means the connection is exclusive. The suffix flag [real:#] and [tick:#] mean the connection includes real-time and tick conversion on the listed queue, respectively. REMOVE ALL CONNECTIONS -x, --removeall Remove all exported connections. SEE ALSO
aseqnet(1), aseqview(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> August 31, 2000 aconnect(1)