Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regular expression [^ ]
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regular expression [^ ] Post 302165437 by iengca on Thursday 7th of February 2008 10:45:06 PM
Old 02-07-2008
Isn't Regular Expression generic for all languages? I am under the impression that Regular Expression use the same syntax even across platform, ie. same for unix, windows or linux. I am using it in webMethods here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Programming

What does the regular expression ['(^[^~]+~).*'] mean?

What does the regular expression +~).*'] mean while using it with regexec.When the string "RCHNUSNT35C~rs07/ASM-RS07" is used with the regular expression +~).*'] regexec gives an error. I know what regexec does,but i do not understand what this expression means wrt to this string... any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupamar
2 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls with regular expression

I currently list and sort all the files in a directory which begin with an Upper Case C and end with the extension '#finished#'. Here is the command I use: ls -tr $currentDir/*.#finished# what i need to do now is list all the files in a directory that begin with upper case C and end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkgudde
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression help

Hi, I am quite knew to scripting and I am trying to get a regular expression to work to check that a user enters a valid version number such as 1 or 1.1 or 12.3 etc. I dont seem to be able to get it to work as it picks up versions such as 1.......2. I only want it to work with a single dot.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: frodo61
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Can someone please explain me what does this mean? ^{1,50}$ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

I would like to extract "JDBC Thin Client" from (PROGRAM=JDBC Thin Client); and "C:\Python26\python.exe" from (PROGRAM=C:\Python26\python.exe); "txm_v_awsrf_db.pr" from (PROGRAM=txm_v_awsrf_db.pr). if input line like "(PROGRAM=)", it return unknown. Would you help suggest a regular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
4 Replies
GREPDIFF(1)							     Man pages							       GREPDIFF(1)

NAME
grepdiff - show files modified by a diff containing a regex SYNOPSIS
grepdiff [[-n] | [--line-number]] [--number-files] [[-p n] | [--strip-match=n]] [--strip=n] [--addprefix=PREFIX] [--addoldprefix=PREFIX] [--addnewprefix=PREFIX] [[-s] | [--status]] [[-i PATTERN] | [--include=PATTERN]] [[-I FILE] | [--include-from-file=FILE]] [[-x PATTERN] | [--exclude=PATTERN]] [[-X FILE] | [--exclude-from-file=FILE]] [[-# RANGE] | [--hunks=RANGE]] [--lines=RANGE] [--files=RANGE] [--annotate] [--as-numbered-lines=WHEN] [--format=FORMAT] [--remove-timestamps] [[-v] | [--verbose]] [[-z] | [--decompress]] [[-E] | [--extended-regexp]] [[-H] | [--with-filename]] [[-h] | [--no-filename]] [--output-matching=WHAT] {[REGEX] | [-f FILE]} [file...] grepdiff {[--help] | [--version] | [--list] | [--filter ...]} DESCRIPTION
For each file modified by a patch, if the patch hunk contains the REGEX then the file's name is printed. The regular expression is treated as POSIX Basic Regular Expression syntax, unless the -E option is given in which case POSIX Extended Regular Expression syntax is used. For example, to see the patches in my.patch which contain the regular expression "pf_gfp_mask", use: grepdiff pf_gfp_mask my.patch | xargs -rn1 filterdiff my.patch -i You can use both unified and context format diffs with this program. OPTIONS
-n, --line-number Display the line number that each patch begins at. If verbose output is requested, each matching hunk is listed as well. For a description of the output format see lsdiff(1). --number-files File numbers are listed, beginning at 1, before each filename. -p n, --strip-match=n When matching, ignore the first n components of the pathname. --strip=n Remove the first n components of the pathname before displaying it. --addprefix=PREFIX Prefix the pathname with PREFIX before displaying it. This will override any individual settings specified with the --addoldprefix or --addnewprefix options. --addoldprefix=PREFIX Prefix pathnames for old or original files in the output by PREFIX. --addnewprefix=PREFIX Prefix pathnames for updated or new files in the output by PREFIX. -s Show file additions, modifications and removals. A file addition is indicated by a "+", a removal by a "-", and a modification by a "!". -i PATTERN, --include=PATTERN Include only files matching PATTERN. -I FILE, --include-from-file=FILE Include only files matching any pattern listed in FILE, one pattern per line. All other lines in the input are suppressed. -x PATTERN --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN. -X FILE, --exclude-from-file=FILE Exclude files matching any pattern listed in FILE, one pattern per line. All other lines in the input are displayed. -# RANGE, --hunks=RANGE Only include hunks within the specified RANGE. Hunks are numbered from 1, and the range is a comma-separated list of numbers or "first-last" spans; either the first or the last in the span may be omitted to indicate no limit in that direction. --lines=RANGE Only list hunks that contain lines from the original file that lie within the specified RANGE. Lines are numbered from 1, and the range is a comma-separated list of numbers or "first-last" spans; either the first or the last in the span may be omitted to indicate no limit in that direction. --files=RANGE Only list files indicated by the specified RANGE. Files are numbered from 1 in the order they appear in the patch input, and the range is a comma-separated list of numbers or "first-last" spans; either the first or the last in the span may be omitted to indicate no limit in that direction. --annotate Annotate each hunk with the filename and hunk number. --as-numbered-lines=before|after Instead of a patch fragment, display the lines of the selected hunks with the line number of the file before (or after) the patch is applied, followed by a TAB character and a colon, at the beginning of each line. Each hunk except the first will have a line consisting of "..." before it. --format=unified|context Use specified output format. --remove-timestamps Do not include file timestamps in the output. -z, --decompress Decompress files with extensions .gz and .bz2. -E, --extended-regexp Use POSIX Extended Regular Expression syntax. -H, --with-filename Print the name of the patch file containing each match. -h, --no-filename Suppress the name of the patch file containing each match. -f FILE, --file=FILE Read regular expressions from FILE, one per line. --output-matching=hunk|file Display the matching hunk-level or file-level diffs. --help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of grepdiff. --filter Behave like filterdiff(1) instead. --list Behave like lsdiff(1) instead. SEE ALSO
filterdiff(1), lsdiff(1) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer patchutils 10 Feb 2011 GREPDIFF(1)