Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to restriction directory size in solaris Post 302165415 by reborg on Thursday 7th of February 2008 06:39:25 PM
Old 02-07-2008
Also ZFS with ( optionally reserve and ) quota.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail 8.9 file size restriction

We use version 8.9 of sendmail. I am wondering if there is a file size restriction that limits the size of the file to be sent? If there is how can I check to see? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtooth71
1 Replies

2. Programming

size of a directory

hai friends I need a program to find the size of a directory.. When i tried to get the size, it always gives the default space allocated for it. How can i findout the exact size of a directory using a c program Thanks in advance Collins (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Directory restriction warning

Platform: AIX Shell: KSH Does anyone have a good way of warning users that when they do a 'vi' in a certain directory that they cannot save any changes in that directory. For instance, if I have a production id that has all scripts in /myprod/dir, and if anyone comes to this directory and does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giannicello
1 Replies

4. AIX

size of directory with ls -l

hello When i do a "ls -l" in a directory (Aix 5.3), i have the result : >ls -l total 65635864 -rw-r--r-- 1 lobi system 2559909888 Feb 20 15:06 cible5.7bdat -rw-r--r-- 1 lobi system 1020098870 Feb 20 13:06 cible6.7bdat -rw-r--r-- 1 lobi system 1544789511 Feb 20 11:06 cible9.7bdat -rw-r--r--... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory tree with directory size

find . -type d -print 2>/dev/null|awk '!/\.$/ {for (i=1;i<NF;i++){d=length($i);if ( d < 5 && i != 1 )d=5;printf("%"d"s","|")}print "---"$NF}' FS='/' Can someone explain how this works..?? How can i add directory size to be listed in the above command's output..?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Directory restriction for specific users on Solaris

Hi all, i have a question about directory accessing. Question: therese is a x user which can login system, x user can only access specific directories on the system, even y directory has r-x access right for OTHER, x user will not access the y directory. this x user must access specific... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibiru78
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris local access restriction other than sshd_config?

Hi All, As part of LDAP implementation we need to restrict users/groups locally on solaris machine: Options tried: sshd_config: as far as my testing it is restricting either user or group, as per the first preference. pam_access.so by default I am unable to find(need some help if this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sridaran
0 Replies
VFS_DEFAULT_QUOTA(8)													      VFS_DEFAULT_QUOTA(8)

NAME
vfs_default_quota - store default quota records for Windows clients SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = default_quota DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. Many common quota implementations only store quotas for users and groups, but do not store a default quota. The vfs_default_quota module allows Samba to store default quota values which can be examined using the Windows Explorer interface. By default, Samba returns NO_LIMIT the default quota and refuses to update them. vfs_default_quota maps the default quota to the quota record of a user. By default the root user is taken because quota limits for root are typically not enforced. This module is stackable. OPTIONS
default_quota:uid = UID UID specifies the user ID of the quota record where the default user quota values are stored. default_quota:gid = GID GID specifies the group ID of the quota record where the default group quota values are stored. default_quota:uid nolimit = BOOL If this parameter is True, then the user whose quota record is storing the default user quota will be reported as having a quota of NO_LIMIT. Otherwise, the stored values will be reported. default_quota:gid nolimit = BOOL If this parameter is True, then the group whose quota record is storing the default group quota will be reported as having a quota of NO_LIMIT. Otherwise, the stored values will be reported. EXAMPLES
Store the default quota record in the quota record for the user with ID 65535 and report that user as having no quota limits: [global] vfs objects = default_quota default_quota:uid = 65535 default_quota:uid nolimit = yes VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. VFS_DEFAULT_QUOTA(8)