Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get a part from a $var in perl Post 302165391 by meghana on Thursday 7th of February 2008 05:01:18 PM
Old 02-07-2008
hey kevin.. thanks for your quickie replies.. appreciate it.. i figured out the filename check..so im fine.. thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Perl get a part of a string

I need some help to divide an email address. I need to grab the left part of the @. Maybe substr? example: john.smith@domain.com.br I would need to grab just the username part... my $user = "john.smith@domain.com.br"; if($user =~ s/@/\@/){ print "EMAIL: " .$user; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4scriptmoni
2 Replies

2. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command to replace path part of variable

I'm trying to replace path which is part of variable inside script file: FROM: ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.0 TO: ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.5 I'm using this: perl -pi -e 's\ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.0\ABC_HOME=$ABC_ROOT/abc/1.5\g' /apps/scripts/test.sh This command is not working because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking co-presence of Var. - Shell or Perl

Hey fellas, I've posted this problem a few days back and I received just one post which was in PHP that I have no idea about! (Thanks to DGPickett) It would be so nice if you can help me with this in Shell or Perl. Here is the story: I have a big table with variables and observations. I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PERL var values to SH Shell Script

Greetings all, If I have a SH script that calls a PERL script in the following way: perl $HOME/scripts/config.properties And in the config.properties PERL file, this Perl script only sets a number of environmental parameters in the following way: #!/usr/bin/perl $VAR1 = ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikyo12
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: split 2 part from singel file.

Hi, I would like to split single fine into two array .. Example: file.txt --------------Installation -------------------- #GXTOOL=GxTools-20130501.tar.gz GCSS=GExpLinux-BE-3700.0.12.37.tar.gz TOP=TOPLinux-BE-3700.0.6.21.tar.gz GHDER=GHDERLinux-BE-3700.0.6.20.tar.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh , how to set var value into new var, in short string concatenation

i try to find way to make string concatenation in csh ( sorry this is what i have ) so i found out i can't do : set string_buff = "" foreach line("`cat $source_dir/$f`") $string_buff = string_buff $line end how can i do string concatenation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting some part of Perl's Expect Buffer

Hi, I am capturing command's output on remote host using Expect. The problem is that the command line arguments also getting print with the output in file and also need to print last two relevant columns (percentage used and its mounted point). The output of $exp->before() buffer is :df... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneet17
1 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)