Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem in updating .profile file in HP-UX B.11.00 machine Post 302165336 by abhishek0071 on Thursday 7th of February 2008 01:14:53 PM
Old 02-07-2008
Thanks for your quick response, but I am using bash shell. Please suggest me for bash shell

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Error updating profile

I'm trying to update my profile with a temp e-mail address. This is a hotmail e-mail address and it wont allow it. The reason for this is I've changed my service with my ISP since I've moved :D and well I've gone form Cable to DSL :mad: Now my e-mail accounts are still there but I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating Profile from script

I am trying to figure a way to update an environmental variable in my .profile from script. I have a variable name CON_DIR in my .profile. I want to be able to update this variable directly via another unix script. Any ideas? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: artfuldodger
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

4. BSD

Firewall Build: Problem Updating, Patching

In building a firewall, I need to update and patch the operating system after the initial install. However, the compiler and sources should never be on a firewall PC. So what is the best way to do this ? This firewall PC has 2 identical drives; I was thinking of performing 2 installs, updating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsuuber
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in creating my own profile file in unix

I am new in shell scripting. currently i am using cygwin. My problem is i created a profile file in my own folder. file name is first.profile in which i gave following values to variable export a=10 now i am executing this profile file by below command ./.first.profile it executed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikjain998
4 Replies

6. Solaris

I can't copy any file to any machine | abort problem | freezing

I want to copy tar file to another machine. tar size is 4gb. Firstly I tried copy to windows machine with ftp client but copy operation didn't start. Now I have tryied to copy to solaris machine command with scp but copy was freezed. Picture is attached.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in creating execute profile file in unix

first i created a profile file(my_var.profile) which contains export my_var=20 after that i created shell scripts(my_var.sh) which contains #!/bin/bash . ./my_var.profile echo '$my_var='$my_var but when i am executing sh my_var.sh it is showing error that no such file/directory .profile.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikjain998
6 Replies

8. AIX

Problem after updating the firmware!

Hello AIX experts, I have 7038-6M2 server, its operating system is AIX 5.2, and its firmware is 3K041021 After some searching on net, I tried to update its firmware level to 3K080425, so I downloaded the required rpm, and followed the steps. After rebooting the server, it stopped and an error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
6 Replies
EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)					     OpenChange Users' Manual						  EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)

NAME
exchange2mbox - Convert Exchange mailbox to mbox file SYNOPSIS
exchange2mbox [-?|--help] [--usage] [-f|--database PATH] [-p|--profile PROFILE] [-P|--password PASSWORD] [-m|--mbox FILENAME] [-u|--update] [-d|--debuglevel LEVEL] [--dump-data] DESCRIPTION
exchange2mbox provides a way to synchronize an Exchange mailbox with a mbox file. The tool is developed so it only retrieves mails not already stored in the message ID index database and reflects changes back to the Exchange server if the local message copy are deleted. OPTIONS
--database -f Set the path to the profile database to use --profile -p Set the profile to use. If no profile is specified, exchange2mbox try to retrieve the default profile in the database. If no default profile has been set, exchange2mbox returns MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND . --password -P Set the password for the profile to use. This can be omitted if the password is stored in the profile. --mbox -m Set the mbox file full path --update -u Synchronize the local mbox file with the remote Exchange server mailbox. --dump-data Dump the hex data. This is only required for debugging or educational purposes. --debuglevel LEVEL -d Set the debug level. EXAMPLES
Create/Update the mbox file and indexes within the profile database: exchange2mbox Update the Exchange mailbox and indexes according to the changes made to the mbox file. exchange2mbox -u REMARKS
If no mbox file is specified, one will be automatically created in $(HOME)/.openchange/mbox . If you are using the default profile data- base path and have set a default profile (using mapiprofile --profile=profile_name -S ) you do not need to specify these parameters on the command line. AUTHOR
Julien Kerihuel <j.kerihuel at openchange dot org> Brad Hards <bradh at openchange dot org> OpenChange 2.0 QUADRANT 2013-01-24 EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)