Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need your Help on Unix Shell Scripting......... Post 302165329 by HPAVC on Thursday 7th of February 2008 12:37:21 PM
Old 02-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayraj
Hi Friends,

1. Bash Shell Scrpt to take backup at evening
2. I need a bash shell script for killing all processes.
take meaning tape? add the tape backup the your crontab

there is a command called killall usually on your system as well as killuser which will kill a user's processes. If you kill 'all' the processes or the processes in a bad order your going to do damage to your machine's install.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell scripting

I need to write a script which analyses an invoice file, counting the amount of pages in the file to be printed per account number and per invoice. The account numbers are stored in another file which has instructions on what do with ach customers invoice as per their account number. please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: la_burton
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell scripting

Hi, we are writing this fields dynamically retrieved from database and writing into the file. $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$cust_id; # sp4 $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$serv_id; # sp5 $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$site_id; # sp6 $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$loc_id; # sp7 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maruthi Kunnuru
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting

Hi All, Greetings!! I am trying to write a script that will get me the syslog.log file output of last week... That is ...my cron will run on Monday and will get me the syslog output of previous week , last monday-last sunday. I tried using date formatting and tail..but did not succeed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premamadhuri
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting

I 'm new to unix shell scripting can some one guide me to any e-book or link from where i can learn unix shell scripting .. i want to learn create interactive scripts for my day to day solaris work. Any help would be appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting

I'm sorry if this doesn't go here, but I'm in depserate need of help with my last unix homework. Anyways, I'm taking summer classes, and one of them is UNIX. I've understood everything thus far, but I'm having a killer time with how my instructor has worded the problems for shell scripting. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dw15
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting

I am new to Unix.. Can someone please help me to understand the concept of Login shell and non login shell ? what exactly the difference between them :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokita jain
1 Replies

9. Programming

unix Shell scripting

Hi All, need help to complete the automation but stuck at a perticular situation below is the code <code> fixed_function_name { code.... code.... variable_map= { a="/a" b="/b" c="/c" so on... } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Shell Scripting

Describe in short the word completion feature of the tcsh Completion works anywhere in the command line, not at just the end, for both commands and filenames. Type part of a word and hit the Tab key, and the shell replaces the incomplete word with the complete one in the input buffer. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Elena Lauren
1 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)