Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check File Exists and compare to previous day file script Post 302165277 by rbknisely on Thursday 7th of February 2008 10:36:46 AM
Old 02-07-2008
To locate the files that have arrived in the morning I am using:

find /<path> -type f -name "eon*.tar.Z" -mtime -1

The part I am not sure about is how to determine if the new file is 30% or less in size compared to the previous days file.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare prev day file to current day file

Hi all: I am new to this board and UNIX programming so please forgive if I don't explain something correctly. I am trying to write a script to keep track of our links, we link one program written for Client A to Client B's directory. What we want to do is to keep track of our linked programs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smurtzy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to check whether particular file exists and to find its size

I want to find the size of particular file exists in a particular directory and i wnt to zip it. In the below mentioned code it should check the MQ.log in the particular directory.Please correct my code so that it will check for particular MQ.log but i could not able to check whether the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balachandar
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to write a script to compare the file size in the current directory and previous dir

hi, i am new to this site. i want to write a script to compare the file size of the files in the current dir with the files in the previous directory. the files name will be same, but the filename format will be as xyzddddyymm.txt. the files will arrive with the month end date(i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweety
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check if any file exists in 4 folders

Hi All, working on AIX 5.3. Requirement is: Shell script in ksh to check if any file exists in 4 folders as below: 1. /FILE/INB/INT1 2. /FILE/INB/INT2 3. /FILE/INB/INT3 4. /FILE/INB/INT4 Thanks a lot for your time! a1_win. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file exists

guys, I am trying to write a script that does the following: it looks for a file in a specific directory and if the file is not there (NOT), it emails me. I have tried the following but its not working. It simply hangs up. Please help. if then mail -s 'blah blah blah' my email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file with previous date

Hi all,I need your help to create the script.I need a script to check the ZIP file at network location with yesterday date name. ZIP file creation date is current date, but name of the zip file is previous date. for example file name "20110216.zip" created today 201102017.I just want to return the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksingla
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file exists

Hi, I am trying to write a script which checks if any file exists with "*.log" or "*.out" in Directory below is the code #------------------ path=/abd/xyz/ if ; then echo "Good" else echo "Failure" fi #-------------------------- its always going to else part and printing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script fails to check file exists or not in remote node

Dear members, The following expect script connects to remote node and check for the file "authorized_keys" in directory /root/.ssh in remote node. However the result is always found even if the file exist or doesn't exist. expect { "$fname" { send_user "found\n" } Any idea what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies
SENDFILES(1)							     [nmh-1.5]							      SENDFILES(1)

NAME
sendfiles - send multiple files via a MIME message SYNOPSIS
sendfiles [delay] mailpath subject file1 [file2 ...] DESCRIPTION
The shell script sendfiles, is used to send a collection of files and directories via electronic mail. sendfiles mailpath "subject" files ... sendfiles will archive the files and directories you name with the tar command, and then mail the compressed archive to the "mailpath" with the given "subject". The archive will be automatically split up into as many messages as necessary in order to get past most mailers. Sometimes you want sendfiles to pause after posting a partial message. This is usually the case when you are running sendmail and expect to generate a lot of partial messages. If the first argument given to sendfiles starts with a dash, then it is interpreted as the number of seconds to pause in between postings, e.g., sendfiles -30 mailpath "subject" files ... will pause 30 seconds in between each posting. Extracting the Received Files When these messages are received, invoke mhstore once for the list of messages. The default is for mhstore to store the combined parts as a new message in the current folder, although this can be changed using storage formatting strings. You can then use mhlist to find out what's inside; possibly followed by mhstore again to write the archive to a file where you can subsequently uncompress and untar it. For instance: % mhlist 5-8 msg part type/subtype size description 5 message/partial 47K part 1 of 4 6 message/partial 47K part 2 of 4 7 message/partial 47K part 3 of 4 8 message/partial 18K part 4 of 4 % mhstore 5-8 reassembling partials 5,6,7,8 to folder inbox as message 9 % mhlist -verbose 9 msg part type/subtype size description 9 application/octet-stream 118K (extract with uncompress | tar xvpf -) type=tar conversions=compress % mhstore 9 % uncompress < 9.tar.Z | tar xvpf - Alternately, by using the -auto switch, mhstore will automatically do the extraction for you: % mhlist 5-8 msg part type/subtype size description 5 message/partial 47K part 1 of 4 6 message/partial 47K part 2 of 4 7 message/partial 47K part 3 of 4 8 message/partial 18K part 4 of 4 % mhstore 5-8 reassembling partials 5,6,7,8 to folder inbox as message 9 % mhlist -verbose 9 msg part type/subtype size description 9 application/octet-stream 118K (extract with uncompress | tar xvpf -) type=tar conversions=compress % mhstore -auto 9 -- tar listing appears here as files are extracted As the second tar listing is generated, the files are extracted. A prudent user will never put -auto in the .mh_profile file. The correct procedure is to first use mhlist to find out what will be extracted. Then mhstore can be invoked with -auto to perform the extraction. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder SEE ALSO
mhbuild(1), mhlist(1), mhshow(1), mhstore(1). Proposed Standard for Message Encapsulation (RFC-934) DEFAULTS
`-noverbose' CONTEXT
None MH.6.8 11 June 2012 SENDFILES(1)