Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file size changed after SCP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file size changed after SCP Post 302165254 by arunkumar_mca on Thursday 7th of February 2008 08:34:04 AM
Old 02-07-2008
file size changed after SCP

Hi All,

I am having a scriptin that the SCP command is performed . The scp is transfering one file from one location to other.

But after SCP i see the file size is changed from original size . What might be the reason.

Thanks in advance,
Arunkumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed File Names From CD

Hi All: I'm having a problem with transferring files from a CD to my AIX machine. I don't know if I am using the mount command properly. My problem is that when I take a CD that I have burned on my PC over to my AIX machine, whent the CD is mounted the file names have been changed (a more thorough... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoEagles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who changed a file?

How can I tell what user last updated a file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirkm76
1 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size changed

Hi I have many file initial size zero(empty) after some munipulation , one or more file will be greater than zero. I need to send those file names if they return to zero again. Ex. Initially the files are zero size Size filename 0 AAA 0 BBB 0 CCC 0 DDD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp shows size variation

Hi i have folder of 26 GB on server A and want to copy to server B .i used the below commands to check file size and scp copy du -h /folder : its shows 26G on server A from server B: scp -r user@serverA:/folder/* ./copying got initiated and i am checking the file size on server B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file size before and after scp

Dears does anybody know how to check the file size on server A and server B before and after scp using KSH. Script should be on server A. I will be using it for the below mentioned scenario: I have written a code to fetch files from server A, move it onto server B compress it and save it on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
libssh2_scp_send64(3)						  libssh2 manual					     libssh2_scp_send64(3)

NAME
libssh2_scp_send64 - Send a file via SCP SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_scp_send64(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *path, int mode, libssh2_uint64_t size, time_t mtime, time_t atime); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) path - Full path and filename of file to transfer to. That is the remote file name. mode - File access mode to create file with size - Size of file being transmitted (Must be known ahead of time). Note that this needs to be passed on as variable type lib- ssh2_uint64_t. This type is 64 bit on modern operating systems and compilers. mtime - mtime to assign to file being created atime - atime to assign to file being created (Set this and mtime to zero to instruct remote host to use current time). Send a file to the remote host via SCP. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SCP_PROTOCOL - LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. AVAILABILITY
This function was added in libssh2 1.2.6 and is meant to replace the former libssh2_scp_send_ex(3) function. SEE ALSO
libssh2_channel_open_ex(3) libssh2 1.2.6 17 Apr 2010 libssh2_scp_send64(3)