Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get Device id information on solaris 8 Post 302165220 by vikashtulsiyan on Thursday 7th of February 2008 04:50:39 AM
Old 02-07-2008
When i type iostat -iE on my solaris 9 or 10 i get

bash-3.00# iostat -iE
sd0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: FUJITSU Product: MAP3367N SUN36G Revision: 0401
Device Id: id1,sd@XXXXXXXXX_
Size: 36.42GB <36418595328 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0

while if i give the same command on solaris 7 or 8, i get :

# iostat -niE
iostat: illegal option -- i
Usage: iostat [-cCdDeEImMnpPrstxz] [-l n] [T d|u] [disk ...] [interval [count]]
-c: report percentage of time system has spent
in user/system/wait/idle mode
-C: report disk statistics by controller
-d: display disk Kb/sec, transfers/sec, avg.
service time in milliseconds
-D: display disk reads/sec, writes/sec,
percentage disk utilization
-e: report device error summary statistics
-E: report extended device error statistics
-I: report the counts in each interval,
instead of rates, where applicable
-l n: Limit the number of disks to n
-m: Display mount points (most useful with -p)
-M: Display data throughput in MB/sec instead of Kb/sec
-n: convert device names to cXdYtZ format
-p: report per-partition disk statistics
-P: report per-partition disk statistics only,
no per-device disk statistics
-r: Display data in comma separated format
-s: Suppress state change messages
-T d|u Display a timestamp in date (d) or unix time_t (u)
-t: display chars read/written to terminals
-x: display extended disk statistics
-z: Suppress entries with all zero values

so can anyone tell me how to capture device id info on solaris 8 and below

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

san device information

All, when I do a df -h on a solaris 10 servers I see these san storage filesystems. cx-fibpool/pyp_u2 588G 151M 345G 1% /pyp/u2 cx-fibpool/pyp_u3 588G 151M 345G 1% /pyp/u3 cx-fibpool/pyp_u4 588G 166G 345G 33% /pyp/u4 cx-fibpool/pyp_u5 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
7 Replies

2. Solaris

iscsi device on solaris 10 (x64)

Hello! I have several disks discovered using iscsi protocol. There disks are represented in OS like c2txd0 . logs: Is it possible to change drive path, for example, from c2t6d0 to c2t7d0? It's important for me because I have to install oracle RAC on RAW devices. NIck (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skelet
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 11 - a retired device

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. When I boot the system I see a "one or more devices have been retired" message. All connected hard discs should be alright (all zpools are online according to the status messages). What exactly does that message mean and how do I find out which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Device Problem

I build up two node cluster (node1, node2) in virtualbox. For these two nodes I add 5 shared disk. (Also each node have own OS disk). 1 shared disk for vtoc 2 shared disk for NFS resource group 2 shared disk for WEB resource group When I finished my work; two nodes was ok and shared disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonofsunra
4 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

NAME
iostat - Reports I/O statistics SYNOPSIS
iostat [drive...] [interval] [count] OPERANDS
Forces iostat to display specific drives. If drive is not specified (or the specified drive does not exist on the system or cluster, iostat displays the first two drives (even if more than two disk drives are configured in the system). Causes iostat to report once each interval seconds. The first report is for all time since the system was last booted, and each subsequent report is for the last interval only.The value must not be 0. Specifies the number of reports. For example, iostat 1 10 would produce 10 reports at 1-second intervals. You cannot specify count without interval because the first numeric argument to iostat is assumed to be interval. DESCRIPTION
The iostat command reports the following information: For terminals (collectively), the number of characters read and written per second. For each disk, the number of transfers per second and bytes transferred per second (in kilobytes). For the system, the percentage of time the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (nice) processes, in system mode, and idling. To compute this information, iostat counts data transfer completions, the number of words transferred for each disk, and the collective number of input and output characters for terminals. Also, each sixtieth of a second, iostat examines the state of each disk and makes a tally if the disk is active. When you issue an iostat command on a cluster member, it displays statistics only for those disks that are local to the member and that member's usage of those shared disks that it has mounted. It displays 0 for other disks in the cluster (those it doesn't have mounted), regardless of whether they are on the shared bus or are local to some other member. EXAMPLES
The output from this example displays cpu, terminal, and disk statistics for the first two disks on the system providing 5 reports at 1 second intervals: # iostat 1 5 tty floppy1 dsk9 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 95 4 58 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 1 53 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 98 5 59 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 98 6 60 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 The second example specifies device names in the command: # iostat dsk2 dsk3 cdrom2 tty dsk2 cdrom2 dsk3 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 13 11 5 5 2 2427 1213 0 1 1 98 SEE ALSO
Commands:vmstat(1) iostat(1)