Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: In Help, Substitute Text ...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting In Help, Substitute Text ... Post 302165177 by ohagar on Thursday 7th of February 2008 01:47:27 AM
Old 02-07-2008
This works in bash

$ cat a.a
01/01/08-001-23:46:18-01/01/08-23:50:43
01/01/08-003-23:45:19-01/01/08-23:55:49
01/01/08-005-23:52:18-01/01/08-23:58:52

$ sed 's/-00\([0-9]\)-/-CODE0\1-/' a.a > b.b

$ cat b.b
01/01/08-CODE01-23:46:18-01/01/08-23:50:43
01/01/08-CODE03-23:45:19-01/01/08-23:55:49
01/01/08-CODE05-23:52:18-01/01/08-23:58:52

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi + regexp + substitute

Another enigma (for me) Using VI I edit some files in which I want to erase many lines I don't need anymore usually I do something like that::%s/line_to_suppress//g and it is doing fine but in this case, the pattern to erase contains some special characters so I do it like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to substitute more than one word in a text file?

well i have this file here: <XML> <pregate xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <system_c>HPREGATE</system_c> <trans_c>HSPG</trans_c> <trans_dt>20060105161333</trans_dt> <user_id_m></user_id_m> <func_c>C</func_c> </pregate> </XML> i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitute in vi

I know in vi you can do :%s/replaceme/withthis/ but if i want to find all lines say without a # at the begining and I want to put it in how would that command be formatted? I can't figure it out for the life of me. #comment blah1 hey1 grrr1 #comment #blah1 #hey1 #grrr1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute?

Hi, I have query terms like this: a) apple bannana b) apple bannana AND chickko c) "milk shake" OR Graphes orange whereever there is space substitue with AND operator. I tried like this: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi substitute

My question is how would I substitute for ceratain number of occurences in a line? If this is my input rjohns BFSTDBS01 Standard Silver NPRO30DINCR 2 Client Is it possible to change the first 3 occurences of space " " to a comma? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: substitute value in text file

Hi gurus, I need help with shell script. I have various INSERT queries which inserts data into database. I want to insert 3rd column data into newline for one particular table. I have very time long txt file everytime and it have various INSERT/UPDATE queries but i have to done with it only one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file hello i would like to use awk to do the following calculation from the following snippet. input file C;2390 ;CV BOUILLOTTE 2L 2FACES NERVUREES ;1.00 ;3552612239004;13417 ;25 ;50 ; 12;50000 ; ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iindie
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substitute (')

I usually use : Code: awk '{gsub(/xxx/,"yyy");print}' to substitute xxx with yyy. I have a problem substitute an expression like Code: x ' y Because of the ( ' ) Any idea on how to get over this problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitute in VI

Hi there, i am updating a file on UNIX and have many lines as per below : listen:x:37:4:Network Admin:/usr/net/nls: i would like to substitute from the :/usr to the end of the line. so at the moment im using this : :s/"\/$/ /g but i get an error.can anyone help? thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
3 Replies

10. Programming

Python Text substitute

I need to substitute only comma with dot in string like this: <strong>5,4</strong>but not sure how to do this. This does not work: text = sub('<strong>(,)</strong>', '<strong>(.)</strong>', text) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
1 Replies
PPI::Token::Regexp(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     PPI::Token::Regexp(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Regexp - Regular expression abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Regexp isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Regexp" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the three regular expression classes. These being: m// - PPI::Token::Regexp::Match s/// - PPI::Token::Regexp::Substitute tr/// - PPI::Token::Regexp::Transliterate The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. To save some confusion, it's worth pointing out here that "qr//" is not a regular expression (which PPI takes to mean something that will actually examine or modify a string), but rather a quote-like operator that acts as a constructor for compiled Regexp objects. METHODS
The following methods are inherited by this class' offspring: get_match_string The "get_match_string" method returns the portion of the regexp that performs the match. get_substitute_string The "get_substitute_string" method returns the portion of the regexp that is substituted for the match, if any. If the regexp does not substitute, "undef" is returned. get_modifiers The "get_modifiers" method returns the modifiers of the regexp. get_delimiters The "get_delimiters" method returns the delimiters of the regexp as an array. The first element is the delimiters of the match string, and the second element (if any) is the delimiters of the substitute string (if any). SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Regexp(3)