Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how do i enable messaging
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications how do i enable messaging Post 302165161 by henokia4j on Thursday 7th of February 2008 12:45:34 AM
Old 02-07-2008
how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i mean i couldnt send a message from one user to the other.....all the ports (pop,imap,smtp)seem to work fine and are open...what seems to be the problem and how do i fix it.????
SmilieSmilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Instant Messaging App Help

I was hoping someone could assist me on a text-based instant messaging client(using UDP) I am working on. I have the network communication basics already in place but, specifically, needed some further help on the "messaging other users" and "getting a user list" functions. The server code that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AusTex
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

DT messaging could not be started

this id the message i get with a suggestions to check those files: /etc/src.sh /etc/hosts /usr/adm/inetd.sec i have little knowledge of hoe to edit those files/ i went to the etc library and didn't found src.sh file. what should i do? also didn't find the inetd.sec file In the host... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirp
3 Replies

3. Programming

problems while using messaging queues....

hi I am using posix functions such as mq_open, mq_close and including the mqueue.h. but its giving a linking error,"undefined reference to mq_open and mq_close". it it that we have to link some library or so while compiling... plzzz help Thanxs Mohit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All, I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A. /etc/hosts is ok. when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started. Thanks for help. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative network messaging?

Hello people, which options do I have to send messages over a network from one station to another without using standard network messaging commands like write, talk und message? Thanks. (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
krbservicesetup(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					krbservicesetup(8)

NAME
krbservicesetup -- Kerberos -- Open Directory Single Sign On SYNOPSIS
krbservicesetup [-r REALM] -a admin_name [-p password] [-t keytab] [-f setup_file] [service_type service_principal] DESCRIPTION
krbservicesetup is used by sso_util to configure Kerberized services on the current host. It uses kadmin to add service principals to the KDC database and create the krb5.keytab file. And then edits/creates the config files of the given service to use the proper service principal. krbservicesetup knows how to configure the FTP, AFP, POP, IMAP, SMTP and SSH services shipped by Apple in Mac OS X 10.3 krbservicesetup takes either a service_type, service_principal pair or a plist file with a list of services to configure. The plist file also allows more control over the options used when creating the principals. krbservicesetup arguments: -x Use kadmin.local instead of kadmin. -r REALM The Kerberos realm of the server -a admin_name Name of an administrator with priveleges to add principals to the KDC -p password Password for the above user -t keytab The path of the keytab file to write -f setup_file The path of the plist file containing the list of services to be configured service_type service_principal A single service to configure The service_types understood by krbservicesetup are: afp Apple Filing Protocol ftp File Transfer Protocol imap IMAP mail protocol pop POP mail protocol smtp SMTP mail protocol ssh Secure Shell The plist file format used by krbservicesetup consists of a couple of optional boolean flag items and an array of dictionaries representing the services to be configured. noConfig - Boolean Flag indicating that just the service principals should be created in the KDC configOnly - Boolean Flag indicating that the services need to be configured Services - array of dictionaries Array of service dictionaries to be configured serviceType - string Type of the service (see above for definitions) servicePrincipal - string Kerberos principal name for the service option - Boolean Options passed on to the add_princ command within kadmin If the boolean value is true, the option passed to kadmin is the option name with a '+' prepended. If the value is false a '-' is prepended option - string Options passed on to the add_princ command within kadmin If the key is foo and the string value is bar then the option passed in the add_princ command is "-foo bar" The options for the add_princ command are detailed in the man page for kadmin Some of the possibly options are restricted specifically the pw and needchange commands are ignored. Every service principal is generated with the randkey option. FILES
/etc/krb5.keytab The file where Kerberos stores the service principals for the services on this host DIAGNOSTICS
You can add -v debug_level to the krbservicesetup command. Debug level 1 provides status information, higher levels add progressivly more levels of detail. EXAMPLES
It is better to use the configure command in sso_util to configure multiple services. Here is an example of using krbservicesetup to config- ure a FTP server in the realm FOO.ORG krbservicesetup -r FOO.ORG -a admin -p password ftp ftp/myhost.foo.org@FOO.ORG (the above should be all on one line) NOTES
The krbservicesetup tool is used by the Apple Single Sign On system to set up Kerberized services integrated with the rest of the Single Sign On components. SEE ALSO
kadmin(8), kdcsetup(8), sso_util(8) Darwin June 2, 2019 Darwin