Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: In Help, Substitute Text ...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting In Help, Substitute Text ... Post 302165153 by thana on Thursday 7th of February 2008 12:15:25 AM
Old 02-07-2008
How many CODE's you have ..I mean is the number of CODEs finite

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi + regexp + substitute

Another enigma (for me) Using VI I edit some files in which I want to erase many lines I don't need anymore usually I do something like that::%s/line_to_suppress//g and it is doing fine but in this case, the pattern to erase contains some special characters so I do it like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to substitute more than one word in a text file?

well i have this file here: <XML> <pregate xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <system_c>HPREGATE</system_c> <trans_c>HSPG</trans_c> <trans_dt>20060105161333</trans_dt> <user_id_m></user_id_m> <func_c>C</func_c> </pregate> </XML> i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitute in vi

I know in vi you can do :%s/replaceme/withthis/ but if i want to find all lines say without a # at the begining and I want to put it in how would that command be formatted? I can't figure it out for the life of me. #comment blah1 hey1 grrr1 #comment #blah1 #hey1 #grrr1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute?

Hi, I have query terms like this: a) apple bannana b) apple bannana AND chickko c) "milk shake" OR Graphes orange whereever there is space substitue with AND operator. I tried like this: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi substitute

My question is how would I substitute for ceratain number of occurences in a line? If this is my input rjohns BFSTDBS01 Standard Silver NPRO30DINCR 2 Client Is it possible to change the first 3 occurences of space " " to a comma? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: substitute value in text file

Hi gurus, I need help with shell script. I have various INSERT queries which inserts data into database. I want to insert 3rd column data into newline for one particular table. I have very time long txt file everytime and it have various INSERT/UPDATE queries but i have to done with it only one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file hello i would like to use awk to do the following calculation from the following snippet. input file C;2390 ;CV BOUILLOTTE 2L 2FACES NERVUREES ;1.00 ;3552612239004;13417 ;25 ;50 ; 12;50000 ; ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iindie
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substitute (')

I usually use : Code: awk '{gsub(/xxx/,"yyy");print}' to substitute xxx with yyy. I have a problem substitute an expression like Code: x ' y Because of the ( ' ) Any idea on how to get over this problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitute in VI

Hi there, i am updating a file on UNIX and have many lines as per below : listen:x:37:4:Network Admin:/usr/net/nls: i would like to substitute from the :/usr to the end of the line. so at the moment im using this : :s/"\/$/ /g but i get an error.can anyone help? thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
3 Replies

10. Programming

Python Text substitute

I need to substitute only comma with dot in string like this: <strong>5,4</strong>but not sure how to do this. This does not work: text = sub('<strong>(,)</strong>', '<strong>(.)</strong>', text) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
1 Replies
CACOS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  CACOS(3)

NAME
cacos -- complex inverse cosine function SYNOPSIS
double complex cacos(double complex z); long double complex cacosl(long double complex z); float complex cacosf(float complex z); DESCRIPTION
cacos(z) computes the inverse cosine of the complex floating-point number z, with branch cuts outside the interval [-1,1] along the real axis. cacos() returns values in a strip of the complex plane with unbounded imaginary part, and real part in the interval [0, Pi]. For all complex floating point numbers z, cacos(conj(z)) = conj(cacos(z)). SPECIAL VALUES
The conjugate symmetry of cacos() is used to abbreviate the specification of special values. cacos(+-0 + 0i) returns Pi/2 - 0i. cacos(+-0 + NaN i) returns Pi/2 + NaN i. cacos(x + inf i) returns Pi/2 - inf i, for finite x. cacos(x + NaN i) returns NaN + NaN i, for finite nonzero x. cacos(-inf + yi) returns Pi - inf i, for finite positive-signed y. cacos(inf + yi) returns 0 - inf i, for finite positive-signed y. cacos(-inf + inf i) returns 3Pi/4 - inf i. cacos(inf + inf i) returns Pi/4 - inf i. cacos(+-inf + NaN i) returns NaN + inf i. cacos(NaN + yi) returns NaN + NaN i, for finite y. cacos(NaN + inf i) returns NaN - inf i. cacos(NaN + NaN i) returns NaN + NaN i. NOTES
SEE ALSO
complex(3) STANDARDS
The cacos() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:2011. 4th Berkeley Distribution December 11, 2006 4th Berkeley Distribution