Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Installation error for Kernel Re-build Post 302165150 by am_yadav on Thursday 7th of February 2008 12:02:42 AM
Old 02-07-2008
Kernel Rebuild error

Hi All,

While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error:

UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY
UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME"
UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o space.c' for fs module failed.
Exit code = 256

The UNIX operating system did not build correctly after the update.
After this error the installation aborted. Please advice me on how i can re-build the kernel properly.

Thanks,
Am

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

build kernel ,question?

# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf # cp GENERIC LOVEPP # cd /usr/src # make buildkernel KERNCONF=LOVEPP make:don't know how to make buildkernel. Stop Any suggestions? (I am using Freebsd4.8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheep
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UX Kernel setting while database installation

Hi All I am kinda wondering about the UX kernel parameters, how we configure and why do we configure ???.. especially the 'semaphores'. Could somebody throw some light on this and would really appreciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prince_Charming
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Kernel parameters for oracle installation

When I run the Oracle installer, following checks are failed: Checking for shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295; found no entry. Failed <<<< Checking for shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100; found no entry. Failed <<<< Checking for semsys:seminfo_semmni=100; found no entry. Failed <<<< Checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Issue with kernel patch installation...

I tried to install the kernel patch 118855-36 in my x86 machine which has Solaris 10 installed. Find below the error message.... #patchadd 118855-36 Checking patches that you specified for installation. Done! Approved patches will be installed in this order: 118855-36 Executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paventhan
1 Replies

6. UNIX Benchmarks

FreeBSD 7.2 build kernel benchmarks

Just for fun: CPU/Speed: 2x AMD Opteron Model 2384 (2.7GHz/512KB) quad core processor Ram: 4 x2GB ECC DDR2-667 single rank memory in RAID 0 mode (strip 128KB, Read Caching enabled, Write Caching disabled) with 2 HDD, CPUTYPE=opteron, CFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe, CXXFLAGS+=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Success_Tree
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

8. Linux

Create a bootable PXE image from build kernel source code

Hi, Can i just ask how I can create a bootable PXE image from the built kernel source. What files do I need to get? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Personal SUSE build installation issues.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160725/0174562490859032f68430fb0fa216cd.jpg I have created a personally made SUSE-based distro using susestudio.com and it will install just fine on my laptops (32-bit Acer Aspire One ZG5 and MacBook 4,1). However, when installing on an old Emachine desktop, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheOuterLinux
6 Replies
cxy(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    cxy(4)

Name
       cxy - CXY08 communications interface

Syntax
       device dhu0 at uba0 csr 0160440 flags 0x?? vector dhurint dhuxint

Description
       A  CXY08 provides eight communication lines with modem control adequate for UNIX dialup use. The device behaves and looks just like a DHV11
       and is specified in the configuration line the same as a DHV11 device.  Each line attached to the CXY08 communications interface behaves as
       described in and can be set to run at any of 16 speeds. See for the encoding.

Bit  i of flags can be specified for a device to say that a line is not properly connected and that the line should be treated as hardwired
       with carrier always present.  Thus, specifying flags 0x04 in the specification of would cause line tty02 to be treated in this way.

The driver normally interrupts on each input character.	The and devices operate under the control of the driver.

Diagnostics
       dhu%d: receive fifo overflow
       The character input fifo overflowed before it could be serviced.  This can happen if a hard error occurs when the CPU is running with  ele-
       vated  priority,  as the system then prints a message on the console with interrupts disabled.  This can cause a few input characters to be
       lost to users.  It is not serious.

dhu%d:%d DMA ERROR
       A DMA transfer error has occurred.  The unit number and line number are printed.  This means that  the  channel	indicated  has	failed	to
       transfer  DMA data within 10.7 microseconds of the bus request being acknowledged or that there is a memory parity error.  This may cause a
       few output characters to be lost.

dhu%d: DIAG. FAILURE
       This indicates that the internal diagnostics have detected an error.

dhu%d: DHU HARDWARE ERROR.  TX.DMA.START failed
       The failed to clear the start bit.  Normally, this is cleared to signal that a DMA transfer has completed.

Files
       Dialups

See Also
       tty(4), MAKEDEV(8)

cxy(4)