Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multi part compressed files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers multi part compressed files Post 302165041 by MarkaRagnos17 on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 03:08:04 PM
Old 02-06-2008
Lightbulb

1.- You can use the split command
split -b Number [ k | m ] [ -a SuffixLength ] [ File [ Prefix ] ]

split -b 1000 k Filename-to-be-cut

then you get "N" Files with name xa[a-z] with 1MB
2.- You send all files it using FTP.

3.- Then you can use the cat command
cat xaa xab xac ... ... ... > Filename-to-be-joined

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

import compressed files using pipe

I am trying to import compressed files using a pipe on a server, IBM AIX UNIX 3.4, with very little disk space The command is: nohup cat xaa xab xac xad xae xaf xag | uncompress - > imp_pip & Then the imp_pip file is used in the import statement, files=imp_pip Does this statement... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pengwyn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best practice for bulk multi-part mail

Hi, I am currently building a PHP/MySQL database that handles our offices newsletters. Now everything works great in the alpha with only a few names in the list, but I anticipate that once we fill it up (around 10,000) that this will not work from the PHP. I already have the script echo the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: begin23
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete compressed files from year 2005

I'm trying to delete files that were created/modified in the year 2005 that we compressed and have the .Z extension on them. I tried using the awk utility but the syntax is incorrect. I don't know how to use a wildcard to capture all the compressed files. Here's the code I used ( ls -lR |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view compressed files

Hello All I compressed a file hello by using compress command compress hello ( enter ) i got the file as hello.z 1. My question is how can i see the file hello.z 2. How can i uncompress it back to change it to filename hello thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to distribute compressed files as text?

Hello everybody, I've seen some text documents where they publish blocks of text and tell you to save it as "file.tgz" for example, and when you decompress the file, it actually works. How is that done? is there a program? Because i tried cat and doesn't work, tried less, more, hexedit and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data from many compressed files

I have a large number (50,000) of pretty large compressed files and I need only certain lines of data from them (each relevant line contains a certain key word). Each file contains 300 such lines. The individual file names are indexed by file number (file_name.1, file_name.2, ... ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boltzmann
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading compressed files during a grep search

All, The bottom line is that im reading a file, storing it as variables, recursively grep searching it, and then piping it to allow word counts as well. I am unsure on how to open any .zip .tar and .gzip, search for keywords and return results. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan.lee
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search compressed files with awk and get FILENAME

I have many compressed files I want to search using awk and want to print some file contents along with the filename it came from on each output record (I simplified awk command). Here are the results with the files uncompressed: awk '{print FILENAME, $0}' test*.txt test1.txt from test1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjf
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to zip or rm the multi part named files?

Hello There, There are more than 1000 files in my log folder and i want to zip it to relase the space. But my method throwing syntax error due to the multi part file name, how to overcome in this ? ls -lart | grep "MDB_Kernel11.1_gwlog_SUN 22_09_2013" | awk '{print $9,$10,$11,$12}' | head... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate compressed files

Hi All, I have zip file that needs to be validated and checked for 5 times with sleep of 60 seconds. Some thing like below #!/bin/bash counter=1 while do curl -i -k -X GET `strings tmp.txt |grep Location| cut -f2 -d" "` -H "Authorization: Token $TOKEN" -o $zip_file ## this is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
6 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    CGI::Pretty(3)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.16.3 2011-01-24 CGI::Pretty(3)