Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System copy with flarcreate
Operating Systems Solaris System copy with flarcreate Post 302164864 by stevie_velvet on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 05:42:31 AM
Old 02-06-2008
Talking generically
As with any *nix or windows OS, copying systems files from 1 system to another, even with identical hardware leads to many complications

*Virtual memory needs to be recreated
*Hostname\IP re-created
*Many /etc files to be updated
*SID (as used in AIX & Windows) would have to be changed -> re-install

Apologies if i could't help with your problem specifically, but highlighiting the headaches, post-op

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

flarcreate: command not found

Hi, I have a solaris 5.6 box, and i need to create a Flash Archive for DRP porposes. When i execute the falarcreate commnad the system returns "flarcreate: command not found" . I search the entire system (find . -name *flar*) for that comand and i can find it. Solaris 5.6 donīt have this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
1 Replies

2. Solaris

flarcreate to remote tape device

Hi, Someone knows hot to create a flash archive to a remote tape device? Here is my try: $flarcreate -n nereus -S -t lisdev:/dev/rmt/1n WARNING: hash generation disabled when using tape (-t) current filter settings Creating the archive... ERROR: Unable to work archive. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Flarcreate question (/etc/hosts missing)

Hi there I have created a flash archive using flarcreate and rolled out via jumpstart and everything seems fine, however when I roll out the archive to another box, everything is fine apart from the /etc/hosts file which is the same as the masters hosts file (i.e. it still has the original... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. Solaris

flarcreate disk error 28

I want to image solaris 8 with flarcreate like ghost in windows. the error come like errno 28, No space left? this is error message absapp@nepalabs1 # flarcreate -n "sol8utl" -S -R / -x /var/tmp /var/tmp/s8.utl.061222 Determining which filesystems will be included in the archive... Creating... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: 197oo302
15 Replies

5. Solaris

flarcreate

found my notes got it flarcreate -n jumpstart -x /jumpstart/flash /jumpstart/flash/jumpstart.flar i think this will omit that directory and save it there correct? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

6. Solaris

flarcreate help.

Hi, I have to clone a system and i would like to use flarcreate. My question is regarding excluding some NFS mounts and some directories under /. If somebody have done this earlier please advice on the following procedure. Create a file like /exclude_list and put the following lines in it ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cloning with flarcreate .... and back

Hello Forum, I'd like to clone a Solaris 10 System. Well, I read a lot about flarcreate. Anyway I only read how to _create a flash archive by using flarcreate. But I don't know how to copy the data back to another harddisk from an ar:confused:chive to get a second runing system. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl copy vs system cp

What are the pros & cons, if any, between using Perl's copy module vs OS's system cp, for copying a file to another directory? Or are they exactly the same? 1) Perl's File::Copy module, as in copy ($filename, $dest_path) or die "ERROR: Cannot copy\n"; 2) if (system ("cp $filename,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slchin
3 Replies

9. AIX

Copy huge files system

Dear Guy’s By using dd command or any strong command, I’d like to copy huge data from file system to another file system Sours File system: /sfsapp File system has 250 GB of data Target File system: /tgtapp I’d like to copy all these files and directories from /sfsapp to /tgtapp as... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
28 Replies

10. Solaris

Save flarcreate on another server through ssh

hi, i would like to know if it is posible to create the flash archive and in the same line add another command to save it in another server through SCP. flarcreate -n "sv756flash" -c -X excludefilelist |... i appreciate your help. thanks a lot. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
4 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)