Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris assigning ip to second interface Post 302164817 by adnangc on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 02:36:15 AM
Old 02-06-2008
PHP Rep: IP To Second Interface

i run this command uname -a and it gives the following information.

SunOs hostname 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW, Sun-Fire-280R

It has all the default specifications.

but i do not know that what kind of card is attached and how to install the other card.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

Assigning IP's

hi all, i want to know where i can add and IP address so when i do a "w", i can see what IP is assigned to which tty? i know in tru64 you just added an entry to /etc/hosts. this does not seem to be the case with hpux. thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: macgre_r
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi, I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
WESTCOS-TOOL(1) 						   OpenSC Tools 						   WESTCOS-TOOL(1)

NAME
westcos-tool - utility for manipulating data structures on westcos smart cards SYNOPSIS
westcos-tool [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The westcos-tool utility is used to manipulate the westcos data structures on 2 Ko smart cards / tokens. Users can create PINs, keys and certificates stored on the card / token. User PIN authentication is performed for those operations that require it. OPTIONS
--change-pin, -n Changes a PIN stored on the card. User authentication is required for this operation. --certificate file, -t file Write certificate file file in PEM format to the card. User authentication is required for this operation. --finalize, -f Finalize the card. Once finalized the default key is invalidated, so PIN and PUK cannot be changed anymore without user authentication. Warning, un-finalized are insecure because PIN can be changed without user authentication (knowledge of default key is enough). --generate-key, -g Generate a private key on the card. The card must not have been finalized and a PIN must be installed (ie. the file for ithe PIN must havei been created, see option -i). By default the key length is 1536 bits. User authentication is required for this operation. --help, -h Print help message on screen. --install-pin, -i Install PIN file in on the card. You must provide a PIN value with -x. --key-length length, -l length Change the length of private key. Use with -g. --overwrite-key, -o Overwrite the key if there is already a key on the card. --pin-value value, -x value Set value of PIN. --puk-value value, -y value set value of PUK (or value of new PIN for change PIN command see -n). --read-file path, -j path Read the file path from the card. The file is written on disk with name path. User authentication is required for this operation. --reader num, -r num Use the given reader. The default is the first reader with a card. --unblock-pin, -u Unblocks a PIN stored on the card. Knowledge of the PIN Unblock Key (PUK) is required for this operation. -v Causes westcos-tool to be more verbose. Specify this flag several times to enable debug output in the OpenSC library. --wait, -w Wait for a card to be inserted. --write-file path, -k path Put the file with name path from disk to card. On the card the file is written in path. User authentication is required for this operation. AUTHORS
westcos-tool was written by Francois Leblanc <francois.leblanc@cev-sa.com>. opensc 06/17/2014 WESTCOS-TOOL(1)