Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming WRT counter show me that line from a txt file Post 302164794 by shamrock on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 12:35:59 AM
Old 02-06-2008
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

FILE *fileopen();
void read_line(FILE *);

void read_line(FILE *fh)
{
     char s[50];
     int i;
     int counter = 3000;

for (i = 0; i < counter; i++) {
          fgets(s, 49, fh);
          printf("%s", s);
          if (feof(fh))
               rewind(fh);
     }
     fclose(fh);
}

FILE *fileopen()
{
     return fopen("abc1.txt", "r");
}

int main(void)
{
     FILE *fh;
     fh = fileopen();
     read_line(fh);
     return 0;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to quickly show Nth line from the file

Hi all, How can I quickly show Nth line from the huge file(at least more than 15GB)? I used the following script but seems slower. See 2717298 th line. head -2717298 data0802.dat | tail -1 Thank you very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need to read the last line in a txt file

i'm a beginner in shell and i have a txt file that is updating every second or msec so i need a program to read the last line of this txt file is this possible to do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _-_shadow_-_
5 Replies

3. Programming

Reading a particular line from a .txt file

Hi, I have a .txt file which contains the x, y and z co-ordinates of particles which I am trying to cast for a particular compound. The no. of particles present is of the order of 2 billion and hence the size of the text file is of the order of a few Gigabytes. The particles have been casted layer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugga
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count per line in txt file

In a txt file called, eso.txt, I have: ...... 3 where process_status_flag = 70 and LISTENER_ID in (930.00, 931.00, 932.00, 933.00, 934.00) 4 group by LISTENER_ID 5 order by LISTENER_ID; LISTENER COUNT ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Line in Txt File

So I have a python program that I run, which runs accordingly to options I have listed in a text file (ie user_prefs). Now there are many options listed in this user_prefs.txt, but the one of most interest to me is that of the file path of the time series. I have over a hundred of these time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of fields then increment a counter reading line by line in a file

Hi, i have a scenario were i should compare a few fields from each line then increment a variable based on that. Example file 989878|8999|Y|0|Y|N|V 989878|8999|Y|0|N|N|V 989878|8999|Y|2344|Y|N|V i have 3 conditions to check and increment a variable on every line condition 1 if ( $3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Adding one counter loop at the end of each line in a file

Hello All, I have file a.txt I want to add a counter loop at the end of each line in a file ill explain: i have a site h**p://test.test=Elite#1 i want to add a a counter to the number at the end of the file, that it will be like this urlLink//test.test=Elite#1 urlLink//test.test=Elite#2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexsus
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch line in txt file

Hi I have problem with replace line in txt file , I have this string: 144185 DISK Piece qqr8ot6l_1_1 -- 144186 DISK Piece ukr8pf2e_1_1 -- 144187 DISK Piece ter8p9gc_1_1 -- 144188 DISK Piece 4er8qb84_1_1 and (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
8 Replies
UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)

NAME
*_unlocked - non-locking stdio functions SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int getc_unlocked(FILE *stream); int getchar_unlocked(void); int putc_unlocked(int c, FILE *stream); int putchar_unlocked(int c); #define _BSD_SOURCE /* or _SVID_SOURCE or _GNU_SOURCE */ #include <stdio.h> void clearerr_unlocked(FILE *stream); int feof_unlocked(FILE *stream); int ferror_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fileno_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fflush_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fgetc_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fputc_unlocked(int c, FILE *stream); size_t fread_unlocked(void *ptr, size_t size, size_t n, FILE *stream); size_t fwrite_unlocked(const void *ptr, size_t size, size_t n, FILE *stream); #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> char *fgets_unlocked(char *s, int n, FILE *stream); int fputs_unlocked(const char *s, FILE *stream); #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <wchar.h> wint_t getwc_unlocked(FILE *stream); wint_t getwchar_unlocked(void); wint_t fgetwc_unlocked(FILE *stream); wint_t fputwc_unlocked(wchar_t wc, FILE *stream); wint_t putwc_unlocked(wchar_t wc, FILE *stream); wint_t putwchar_unlocked(wchar_t wc); wchar_t *fgetws_unlocked(wchar_t *ws, int n, FILE *stream); int fputws_unlocked(const wchar_t *ws, FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions has the same behaviour as its counterpart without the `_unlocked' suffix, except that they do not use locking (they do not set locks themselves, and do not test for the presence of locks set by others) and hence are thread-unsafe. See flockfile(3). CONFORMING TO
The four functions getc_unlocked(), getchar_unlocked(), putc_unlocked(), putchar_unlocked() are in POSIX.1. The nonstandard *_unlocked() variants occur on a few Unix systems, and are available in recent glibc. They should probably not be used. SEE ALSO
flockfile(3) 2001-10-18 UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)