Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple fle size question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple fle size question Post 302164572 by bbbngowc on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 09:21:04 AM
Old 02-05-2008
Simple fle size question

I'm sure this is a simple one, but I'm new to UNIX and I can't figure it out.

How do I view file size in Megabytes? I have files in a directory and the size is 184710. I think this is in bytes but I'm not usre. How can I view this in MB.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple question

I am taking an intro to unix class and I can not figure out how to do part of the question. I am writing script to be exictued by a program in the tutoral. Question: Write every line containing the word ``delete'' produced by ``man mail'' into a file called ``delete''. Hint: What does using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weathergirl
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question.

Is it possible to establish an IF statement inside a case statement in a shell file ? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TARFU
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple if then fi question

i'm trying to make a script that prints the name of the script for any command line parameter, here is what i have, and get `]]' unexpected: what am i doing wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tefflox
3 Replies

5. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append to fle using sed

Hello , I have the folloiwing command : sed -n "$var,$final w $destfile" $sourcefile where : $var - $final represent the range of line numbers to be written in $destfile However I require this command to work in a loop for which i need the sed command to keep appending the output to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Question

Hi, Please don't berate me over the simplicity of these questions. I have recently gotten into bash shell scripting and enjoy it quite a bit. One thing I have not found the answer to though is when naming a shell script, what extension is normally used (ie myscript.?)? Also where is the standard... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple(?) if/else question

Hello, I have a quick question that is not related to homework in any way shape or form (in case anyone wanted to know). My question is thus: I have a file "temp" that has the two values say "5" and "3" (separated by a white space). Now, I want to simply write an if-else statement that reads... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question

Sorry for stupid question, but why this script gives that output? $ awk 'BEGIN { well=56789; print 1234$well }' 1234 I expected 123456789 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: silyin
9 Replies
Pod::Simple::Checker(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				 Pod::Simple::Checker(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::Checker -- check the Pod syntax of a document SYNOPSIS
perl -MPod::Simple::Checker -e "exit Pod::Simple::Checker->filter(shift)->any_errata_seen" thingy.pod DESCRIPTION
This class is for checking the syntactic validity of Pod. It works by basically acting like a simple-minded version of Pod::Simple::Text that formats only the "Pod Errors" section (if Pod::Simple even generates one for the given document). This is a subclass of Pod::Simple and inherits all its methods. SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple, Pod::Simple::Text, Pod::Checker SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/ <http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 Pod::Simple::Checker(3pm)