Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding a word in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding a word in a file Post 302164537 by Yogesh Sawant on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 06:14:23 AM
Old 02-05-2008
check if this is what you are looking for:
Code:
perl -nl -e 'while (m/yyy(.*?)yyy/g) { print $1; }' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding word in file then print the preceding....

Hi, I am looking for a way to find a particular word in a file then print a line that precedes this line, as well as this line. Sometimes in a log file there is only one word per line and I need to print one of the lines leading up to the single worded line. Example - I can grep for ouch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_jumpin
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with finding a word in file's contents

Hi, I need to check if a particular name is already in the file or not and i am using following code for this... match=$(grep -n -e "$output1" outputfiles.txt ) where output1 is the variable name having names in it and outputfiles.txt is the file name ..and i am using ksh can anybosy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the number of occurence of a word in a line

suppose i have this line abs|der|gt|dftnrk|dtre i want to count the number of "|" in this line.. how can i do that. plz help:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a word at specific location in a string

Hi All , I have different strings (SQL queries infact) of different lengths such as: 1. "SELECT XYZ FROM ABC WHERE ABC.DEF='123' " 2. "DELETE FROM ABC WHERE ABC.DEF='567'" 3. "SELECT * FROM ABC" I need to find out the word coming after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapnil.nawale
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Getting last 50 lines after finding a word

Hi All, I have a requirement as below I need find for a string in a log file and once i found that string i need to send a mail.Thsi can be done thru grep and mailx cmnd. Here once i found the string i need to send last 50 lines(up) from where string found. Actually they require to find... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a specific word

Hi, I am trying to develop a script which should find a word if a particular word exists. Below is the content of the file. insert_job: test_job ----> job name days_of_week: all start_times: "16:00" date_conditions: 1 insert_job: test_job2 ----> job name days_of_week: all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpatty
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding pattern in a text file and returning a part of the word

Dear All, assume that we have a text file or a folder of files, I want to find this pattern followers*.csv in the text file , and get * as the output. There are different matches and * means every character. Thank you in advance. Best, David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidfreed
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a word with awk or sed

Hello, in a AIX system : AIX CDRATE01 2 7 00FAB3114C00 my following commande give the result : LISTE /tmp/RESS **************************************************************** Liste TYPE = XXXXXXX EX = YYYY VER ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam01
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding a word through substring in a file

I have a text file that has some data like: PADHOGOA1 IOP055_VINREG5_1 ( .IO(VINREG5_1), .MONI(), .MON_D(px_IOP055_VINREG5_1_MON_D), .R0T(px_IOP054_VINREG5_0_R0T), .IO1() ); PADV30MA0 IOP056_VOUT3_IN ( .IO(VOUT3_IN), .V30M(px_IOP056_VOUT3_IN_V30M)); PADV30MA0 IOP057_VOUT3_OUT (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: utkarshkhanna44
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)