Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for text extraction from a file Post 302164512 by vignesh53 on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 04:34:28 AM
Old 02-05-2008
Does this copy only the line containing the timestamp or the entire message content corresponding to each message?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of perfect text from file.

Hi All, I have a file of the following format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <tomcat-users> <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extraction of data from a text file which follows certain pattern

hi everybody, i have a file, in it I need to extract some data that follows a particular pattern.. For example: my file contains like now running Speak225 sep 22 mon 16:34:05 2008 -------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohkris
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String extraction from a text file

The following script code works great for extracting 'postmaster' from a line of text stored in a variable named string: string="PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN" stuff=$( echo $string | cut -d@ -f1 | awk '{ print $NF }' ) echo $stuff However, I need to be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute unix shell script to text file using the script

Hi all, I am beginner in UNIX...I want to use unix shell script to create text.file...I know how to use using by command...can anybody tell me for the script? Thanks i changed the threads title from "tex file" to "text file", because "tex" would probably be misunderstood as reference to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Shell Script Extraction

Hello Users, I am new to unix. I have a requirement to extract the string in the folder with files names XXXX.sev.xxxxx.lookup (There are some more files which I am not interested in like xxxxx.include.xxx.lookup). 1) I am looking for the file with the name "sev" ending with "lookup" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachravi70
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern extraction and usage by shell script

Suppose im in a directory A. which has sub-directories x/y/z m/n/p etc. Iam only considered with those which have a file netl.oa at the lowermost level. So i used the find command which gives me a list in the form ./abc/def/ghi/jkl/netl.oa and so on Now i want the names abc def jkl and ghi. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid.verycool
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)