Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to save/transfer gnome themes Post 302164488 by dave123 on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 03:19:48 AM
Old 02-05-2008
Bug

Thankyou i did look at that, i just didnt realise, that you could just tar it up and then it would be installable on another machine,Smilie but it is thanks once again, just got one thing left to work out now, and that is how to join rpms to make one large rpm though im geussing i have to include the source for every rpm and build that way but it would be nice to make a spec to join various rpms to one big installable rpm.
I probably need to start another thread for that thank you once again.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

2. Linux

GTK themes in KDE

Hello! I have a problem with a GTK themes in KDE environment. When I set the GTK style in application's styles in control center, it's looks like this screen: Arrows on "places" and "files": In GTK it's a "GtkTreeView" widget class and I can't separate they. It's only one color for a two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kareoliz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

4. Fedora

GTK Themes

Hi, So, I have a GTK based GUI app. I used GTKdevel-2.24 to develop and compile it on two different distros of linux: Fedora 14 and Linaro (tablet). All of my code was the same for each but compiled on each platform separately (32bit and ARM). Both distros run the application. On Fedora 14... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-m mbytes] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. MEMORY CONSIDERATIONS
makedeltarpm normally needs about three to four times the size of the rpm's uncompressed payload. You can use the -m option to enable a sliding block algorithm that needs mbytes megabytes of memory. This trades memory usage with the size of the created deltarpm. Furthermore, the uncompressed deltarpm payload is currently also stored in memory when this option is used, but it tends to be small in most cases. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Jul 2010 MAKEDELTARPM(8)