Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating emails
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating emails Post 302164453 by ferret495 on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 12:13:04 AM
Old 02-05-2008
Problem solved. It was on a relay server. Everything I was looking for in etc/mail/virtusertable !

Thanks for the advice!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIx junk emails

HI, I schedule some programs and mail the reports as attachments But one of the attachment always is directed to junk email folder.Is there any way to avoid it in UNIX. My mail server is outlook. Thanks, Sireesha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sireesha15
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

duplicate emails

Hi all new here. Question. My mail server is sending out duplicate emails but its not system wide. We have several virtual host that use our email server and some are having the duplicate emails issue and some are not. For example in the office some people are getting duplicate emails but i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emails on HP-UX

Hi Guys I am running Oracle database on HP-UX, every now and then I get emails that are sent to me by root. When check with the sysadmin know one have a clue as to where does the emails come from. I need to stop this emails...how do I check which script is sending me the emails. Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding a footer to all emails

I am running Solaris 10 and have been asked to create a footer for all emails that go from the server. I have been looking around but no dice. I am not sure how complicated or easy it is to do it. Our system generates emails every night and then sends them out to different people on the list. We... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sucio
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send emails

hi guys I need to send emails to some accounts 1. I need sendmail up and running right? 2. I need my local sendmail to use an existing SMTP server to send emails (10.x.x.x)? in that case what I need to configure to send emails? since using mail myaccount@companyame.com is not sending emails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Emails issue

Dear all, I am facing an issue in my data Center environment related to mails being generated by users on my machines. Let me walk you through the issue one by one. Each system (100+ servers in my DC) has a user sysmon on it that sends mails to a specific Email ID. The user runs scripts... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
8 Replies

9. Debian

Logcheck sending emails everywhere

Hi, I just recently installed logcheck running it at defaults. I don't have a /home/logcheck, even though the logcheck.conf MAILTO variable says "logcheck". Now I have a .forward in my regular home /home/awayand which gets an hourly report from logcheck but I have no clue how to turn that off. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awayand
0 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to prevent emails as spam?

If an email is sent from our application server(running on AIX) to an id that is outside of the organization like gmail etc, and if gmail should not treat the mail as spam, what has to be done from unix level? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
7 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)