Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing text from a line in a file Post 302164450 by Yogesh Sawant on Monday 4th of February 2008 11:40:49 PM
Old 02-05-2008
try this Perl one liner:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's/(\[na\s+\*oparea\*\s+check\s+\d+)\s+nul\s+\d+\s+nlr\s+\d+\s+eul\s+\d+\s+elr\s+\d+\]/\1]/' newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing commas from text file

Dear all I have a file which looks like this xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxx,xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxx,xxxxxxxxxx etc basically 14 characters then a comma, three characters, then a comma then 10 characters. We are uploading this file to our mainframe and they want the commas removed, so it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines in a text file.

Here is my problem I'm hoping you guru's can help me figure out. I have a text file that contains comma delimited columns. What I'm looking to do is see if the 24th column on each row in the file contains a value (not null), and then write/append that line to a different file. I've been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WABonnett
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a particular line from a text file

Hi, I have a file called inp.txt the contents of the file are as follows MANI123|23|41 MANI123|96|23 I want to reove the first line of this file. How can I do it. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed question (Removing a line of text)

I am working with bash on HP-UX server at school. As practice for scripting, I am trying to make a pretend server admin script that adds a user to the system, deletes a user from the system, and lists all users of the pretend system. I have accomplished this with a select loop. Adding users, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterscout1977
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a string of text from a file - help please

Hey Folks, I have a file that contains data that I am working with, sometimes this file has a very long string of text that messes with an awk command in a script i am trying to build. I would like to cut this string of text out of a file and then redirect everything except that string to a new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepslp
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing line from text

Hey everyone, I kinda new to shell programming and learning bits and pieces of stuff from tutorials. I got this problem, where I asked my user to enter a string, which will delete a specific line in the string, which I'm unable to do it. Text file(BookDB.txt) as shown: Three Little... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aLHaNz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing zero values from text file

Hi all, I wrote the following code to remove the value which are 0 in the input file (a columns if numbers). awk 'BEGIN { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i) printf("%13.6e\n",$i) }' $1 >> $2 The script works if the zeros are written as 0.0000 but not as 0.000000e+00 In... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
10 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Removing anything from text file except specific string

So, I have a text file that looks like this: 0,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 1,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 2,0: (166,166,174) #A6A6AE srgb(166,166,174) 3,0: (166,166,174) #A6A6AE srgb(166,166,174) 4,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 5,0:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing \n from a text file

Hi All, I have a question regarding text substitution. I have a file that contains a lot of text. Some of the text is separated with a \n like: TEST\nTEST2\nTEST3 BLA\nBLA2\nBLA3 So there are both actual newlines and 'used to be newlines' in the text. using tr tr "\n" "," or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaapSchuurman
5 Replies
vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)													     vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)

NAME
vxdestroy_lvmroot - remove LVM root disk and associated LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
vxdestroy_lvmroot [-v] [-b] lvm_root_disk DESCRIPTION
The vxdestroy_lvmroot command tears down and removes the LVM volume group associated with the specified physical disk. This is done by removing the volumes in the volume group and then removing the volume group. OPTIONS
-b Invokes the setboot command to change the primary boot disk to the VxVM root disk from which the system was booted (if the pri- mary boot disk is not already set to this disk). The alternate boot device remains unchanged. If the -v option is also speci- fied, the settings of the primary and alternate boot devices are displayed. -v Outputs verbose messages including a timestamp that indicates major operations being performed. ARGUMENTS
lvm_root_disk Specifies the device name of the LVM root disk that is to be destroyed, along with its entire volume group. EXAMPLES
This example shows the vxdestroy_lvmroot command invoked in its simpliest form: /etc/vx/bin/vxdestroy_lvmroot c5t1d0 # /etc/vx/bin/vxdestroy_lvmroot -v -b c3t0d0 Are you sure about destroying c3t0d0 (imported on VG /dev/vg02) ? YES vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Tearing down /dev/vg02 on device c3t0d0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Unmounting and removing any volumes associated with /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol1 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol2 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol3 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol4 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol5 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol6 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol7 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol8 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing Volume Group /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing device files in /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c3t0d0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d3 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d4 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d5 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Current setboot values: vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Primary: 0/0/6/0/0.0.0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Alternate: 0/0/1/0/0.1.0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Making disk c0t1d0 (0/0/1/0/0.1.0) the primary boot disk vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Removal of device c3t0d0, volume group /dev/vg02 was successful SEE ALSO
cpio(1), dd(1), fsck(1M), setboot(1M) vxbootsetup(1M) vxcp_lvmroot(1M) vxres_lvmroot(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)