Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users selection of files based on its types Post 302164234 by ganapati on Monday 4th of February 2008 08:53:41 AM
Old 02-04-2008
Error

Hi Nagaraj,

Iam executing the PCP file which has file_type declaration.
Next I've run my Unix script to select the files which has the file type as "Y". Here Iam facing the problem.
I heard using "env" we can get the environment value set during execution of PCP. but I dont know how to check which are the file types has set to type "Y" using env output.

If you can help me it would be a great help for me...

Thanks in advance / Ganapati

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find directory with 2 types of files

Trying to use the find command to find any directory which contains a file ending in .zip AND a file ending in .o I'm having trouble specifying multiple files as criteria and have can't seem to figure it out from Unix in a Nutshell and Google. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates from multuple files with 2 diff types of files

I need to compare 2 diff type of files and find out the duplicate after comparing each types of files: Type 1 file name is like: file1.abc (the extension abc could any 3 characters but I can narrow it down or hardcode for 10/15 combinations). The other file is file1.bcd01abc (the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selection of context in files

I have a file like this QUEUE: <ITEM(69)> "/NLA///ACHO_EQU_IDX" Q_KEY: <ITEM(69)> "/NLA///ACHO_EQU_IDX" Q_TYPE: <VSTR(32)> "GEN_VSTR_INDEX" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print selection of line based on line number

Hi Unix gurus Basically i am searching for the pattern and getting the line numbers of the grepped pattern. I am trying to print the series of lines from 7 lines before the grepped line number to the grepped line number. I am trying to use the following code. but it is not working. cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanm
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display types of files using metacharacters

1) I want to display all the files in a directory that start with the word chapter, are followed by a digit 1,2,6,8, or 9 and end with .eps or .prn so I came up with this file ~/temp/chapter.eps ~/temp/chapter.prn but is there a better way, i.e. combining both file types into the command? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunsta
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove two types of files from a directory

Hi All, i need to move two types of files from a directory. I have used the below command to find the files from the directory.. SOURCE_DIR="some directory path" TARGET_DIR="Target Dir" Datestamp=Date_format find $SOURCE_DIR \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.out" ) - exec ls -1 {} \; now i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk : pattern selection based on special characters

Hello All, I am here again scratching my head on pattern selection with special characters. I have a large file having around 200 entries and i have to select a single line based on a pattern. I am able to do that: Code: cat mytest.txt | awk -F: '/myregex/ { print $2}' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive grep with only certain types of files

Can I please have some ideas on how to do a recursive grep with certain types of files? The file types I want to use are *.c and *.java. I know this normally works with all files. grep -riI 'scanner' /home/bob/ 2>/dev/null Just not sure how to get it to work *.c and *.java files. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash selection of files with similar name

Hi all, This is my first day on Linux shell!!! So, I am trying to write a script that that will pick up pairs of files with the same name (not the same content) but that are different in one character (one is *R1 the other is *R2)... Something like: look ate the files, whenever they are the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALou
3 Replies
updmv(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  updmv(8)

NAME
updmv - Moves customized, user, and inventory data files to or from storage. SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/updmv -i location /usr/bin/updmv -o location OPTIONS
Copies the Customized File Inventory (CFI) and User File Inventory (UFI) files and those files listed in these inventory files from the specified location to the /var/adm/install/update directory. Copies the CFI and UFI files and those files listed in the inventory files to the specified location. OPERANDS
Specifies the storage area of the files. This area can be a tape device, disk device, or a Remote Installation Services (RIS) server area. You replace the location operand with the name of the tape or disk device, or the server name for a RIS server area. For tape stor- age, you must use a no-rewind tape device such as /dev/ntape/tape0_d0. For disk storage, specify the complete directory path. For storage in a RIS server area, you must register the client in the server's RIS database. When you specify the server, the server name must be followed by a colon (:). DESCRIPTION
The updmv utility moves files listed in the User File Inventory (UFI) file and the Customized File Inventory (CFI) file to or from storage. The UFI file, created by the genufi utility, identifies user files created after you installed the operating system. The CFI file, created by the invsync utility, identifies files that were customized after the installation. You must have superuser privileges to run the updmv utility. During a new installation, some user files and customized files can be overwritten. You can identify and save files from the current installation environment for later integration into the new installation environment. Use the updmv utility to move these files to a stor- age area or from the storage area to the update area. To store the files listed in the CFI and UFI files, invoke the updmv utility with the -o option followed by the location operand. The sys- tem must be shut down to single-user mode before you specify the updmv utility with the -o option. To make these files accessible for integration into a new installation environment, invoke the updmv utility with the -i option followed by the location operand. The updmv utility moves the listed files to the /var/adm/install/update directory so that they can be merged into the new installation environment with the updmerge utility. EXAMPLES
Save the files to a tape device: # updmv -o /dev/ntape/tape0_d0 You must use a no-rewind tape device. Store the files on a disk device: # updmv -o /mnt/mydata Store the files in a RIS server area: # updmv -o midvale: To restore these files, replace the -o option with the -i option. Restore the files that were stored in a RIS server area: # updmv -i midvale: The restored image resides in /var/adm/install/update. RESTRICTIONS
You must have superuser privileges to run the updmv utility. The system must be in single-user mode before you invoke the updmv utility with the -o option. FILES
Customized File Inventory User File Inventory SEE ALSO
genufi(8), invsync(8), updmerge(8) updmv(8)