Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with ls commad
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help with ls commad Post 302164229 by vbe on Monday 4th of February 2008 08:40:11 AM
Old 02-04-2008
Not sure I uderstood your question:
var1=`ls -ltr $1 | tail-1`
echo $var1

---
Perhaps you are trying to achieve the output of:
ls -ltr $1 | head -1

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Commad to Delete Nested Directory

Can someone please tell me the command to delete a NESTED DIRECTORY. here is my email address: firewalls007@hotmail.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javed Akram
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script commad implementation - urgent help

I modified the .profile of a user id to start "script" when the user logs in. When the user logs out, I have added a trap command in the .profile file to capture the exit signal. And in that trap command, I have added the creation of a file called .logout. And in the .logout file, I have added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in excluding a particular directory using Find commad

Hi, I have a directory structure as below /home/gad/Merl/a/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/b/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/c/a1.txt How can I find the file a1.txt but not from directory 'a' and it(the filw) should loaded 6 days ago.. Can any one pls help,quick reply much appriciated.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

4. Programming

UNIX commad in COBOL

Hi guys, i used the call "sytem" using ... in a cobol program. At the moment i stoped at an empasse, how cam I retrive the execution's result of unix command? Explenation, I made an 'pwd' command, and I must to have the directory inside the program. How can have this result? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prosy60
2 Replies
MYSQLI_STMT(3)								 1							    MYSQLI_STMT(3)

The mysqli_stmt class

INTRODUCTION
Represents a prepared statement. CLASS SYNOPSIS
mysqli_stmt mysqli_stmt Properties o int$mysqli_stmt->affected_rows o int$mysqli_stmt->errno o array$mysqli_stmt->error_list o string$mysqli_stmt->error o int$mysqli_stmt->field_count o int$mysqli_stmt->insert_id o int$mysqli_stmt->num_rows o int$mysqli_stmt->param_count o string$mysqli_stmt->sqlstate Methods o mysqli_stmt::__construct (mysqli $link, [string $query]) o int mysqli_stmt::attr_get (int $attr) o bool mysqli_stmt::attr_set (int $attr, int $mode) o bool mysqli_stmt::bind_param (string $types, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) o bool mysqli_stmt::bind_result (mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) o bool mysqli_stmt::close (void ) o void mysqli_stmt::data_seek (int $offset) o bool mysqli_stmt::execute (void ) o bool mysqli_stmt::fetch (void ) o void mysqli_stmt::free_result (void ) o mysqli_result mysqli_stmt::get_result (void ) o object mysqli_stmt::get_warnings (mysqli_stmt $stmt) o mixed mysqli_stmt::prepare (string $query) o bool mysqli_stmt::reset (void ) o mysqli_result mysqli_stmt::result_metadata (void ) o bool mysqli_stmt::send_long_data (int $param_nr, string $data) o bool mysqli_stmt::store_result (void ) PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_STMT(3)