Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Playing Audio files in C
Top Forums Programming Playing Audio files in C Post 302163719 by cbkihong on Friday 1st of February 2008 11:04:55 PM
Old 02-02-2008
This library may help. Of course there are many others available.

PortAudio - an Open-Source Cross-Platform Audio API

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ffmpeg: capture audio that's playing (command line)

I'd like to capture the audio playing in itunes (OSX) to a file (from the command line). I currently use Wiretap Pro, but i'd like a non-gui. I tried installing sox, but after installing about 40-50 dependencies it crashed out. I do have ffmpeg working and I am pretty sure it can capture what's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find untagged audio files?

I've quite a collection audio files, mostly flac. In Rythmbox there are a files with no tags filled or filled with describing names as Track 01. I can look for properties to see which file it is and tag it with Easytag. But that quite time consuming. Is there a command line or a simple set of... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrZehl
35 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Audio Files With Specific Bandwidth?

Hi, I would like to write a shell script that will: -search the files of a specific user to find any audio files with a bandwidth iqual or greater than 192 kps - on the results i should see the file name along with all the whole file route and each file's size So I guess i should be using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ubu-user
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating audio files server side

Hi All, I have next to zero knowledge on what I am about to ask so I will just ask it in plain English :) I am wondering how best to go about manipulating audio files server side. The manipulations required are join files one after the other, eg, audio1 + audio2 + audio3 + audio4 = audio5 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgoat
0 Replies

7. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies
oss_cmpci(7)							    OSS Devices 						      oss_cmpci(7)

NAME
oss_cmpci - CMedia CMI8738/8768 audio driver. DESCRIPTION
Open Sound System driver for CMedia Electronics CMI8738/8768 audio CMI87xx device characteristics: o 8/16 bit playback/record o mono/stereo/4ch/5.1ch playback o 8KHz to 48Khz sample rate. MIXER PANEL The CMedia chip provides some unique features that are set up by the Mixer chip. Running ossxmix will display the CMI8738 mixer panel. Most of the sliders and buttons are self evident. However there are some options that need explaining: Dual Dac: Enabling this button sets the CMPCI device as two separate output devices with /dev/dsp1 audio going to the front and /dev/dsp0 going to the rear outputs. Separate audio streams can be send to the device simultaneously. Speaker Mode: The audio can be sent just to the front speakers or it can be sent simultaneously to all speakers in the "Spread" mode. AC3 passthrough only works on Models 037 and higher. This is because of a hardware bug in the earlier models so check the model number (ossinfo -a). SPDIF: o Enable will enable SPDIF output. o Rec will allow you to record from the SPDIF device. Note that when you have SPDIF recording enabled, you cannot play 4/6 channel audio. o Polarity - certain models require you to flip the bit otherwise you get distorted audio. o IMon - monitor input via SPDIF in. o Optical - sets the SPDIF to Optical (TOSLINK) or RCA Jacks interface. OPTIONS
None FILES
/etc/oss4/conf/oss_cmpci.conf Device configuration file AUTHOR
4Front Technologies 16 December 2012 oss_cmpci(7)