Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications upgrade to solaris 9 - mysql impact Post 302163609 by csgonan on Friday 1st of February 2008 04:24:00 PM
Old 02-01-2008
Thank you for your response. I have other apps too, apache, proftpd, etc. What about those?

Have you had success upgrading without the need to recompile everything?

Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Upgrade Ignite and its impact

Hi experts, I would like to ask whether upgrading Ignite in Ignite server will cause any impact or not esspecially when we try to restore back from Ignite server to client server (that used older version of Ignite-UX)? :confused: Thank you ;) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
0 Replies

2. Solaris

impact of upgrading the SOLARIS OS from 5.6to 5.8

Please give me some idea about the impact of upgrading the SOLARIS OS from 5.6 to 5.8. We are using object store database of version 5.1. will there be any impact on this. Please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
1 Replies

3. Solaris

upgrade solaris mysql version...

hi i need to upgrade my solaris mysql version.. can u guide me the upgrade steps.. my current version is 4.0.31-log i need to upgrade to 5.0 .. thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:28 AM ---------- my solaris version is 10.. ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql 4.0 -> 5.0 upgrade woes(?)

We recently upgraded mysql from 4.0 to 5.0 and the following code is throwing (via DB.php) a "Database Error: Unknown" error. I can say with certainty that my connection parameters are correct and functional. It's been so long since I've done any mysql, I'm hoping someone can look at the code and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Trunking and its impact on VCS cluster and others

Hello guys, I have a question regarding link aggregation / trunking in Solaris 9 Sun Trunking does not come by default in Solaris 9 unlike Solaris 10 where we can use the "dladm" command to trunk 4 physical NIC interfaces together. My question is in Solaris 9. Will the configurations of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: br1an
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Negative impact on Oracle DB after Solaris recommended patching

Dear All, We are facing some performance problems in our oracle DB qerries and reports recently. We applied Solaris 10 recommended patchset on april 24th. Our monthly report generation acitivity ran 3 days i.e may 11,12,13 and application team complained of degraded performance. I can see that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_8029
9 Replies
ftpshut(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ftpshut(8)

NAME
ftpshut - shut down all proftpd servers at a given time SYNOPSIS
ftpshut [ -R ] [ -l min ] [ -d min ] time [ warning-message ] DESCRIPTION
The ftpshut command provides an automated shutdown procedure that a superuser can use to automagically disconnect current proftpd connec- tions, and deny new connections. The command creates a control file as /etc/shutmsg to inform proftpd processes about an impending shut- down. OPTIONS
time The time at which the ftp servers will be brought down. It may be the word `now', indicating an immediate shutdown, or a future time in one of two formats: +number or HHMM. The first form brings the servers down in number minutes, while the second form indicates an exact time of day, using a 24-hour clock format. -R Instructs ftpshut to remove the /etc/shutmsg file, restoring proftpd to its normal service. If this option is used, this will be the only operation performed by ftpshut -l min Specifies the number of minutes before shutdown that new ftp access will be disabled. If the -l option is not specified, a default of 10 minutes (or immediately, if less than 10 minutes remains until shutdown) is used. -d min Specifies the number of minutes before shutdown that existing ftp connections will be disconnected. If the -d option is not specified, a default of 5 minutes (or immediately, if less than 5 minutes remains until shutdown) is used. warning-message Optionally provide a message which will be sent to new connections (if denied) and existing connections (when disconnected). The message can contain the following magic cookies, which will be replaced as follows before being sent to new or existing connec- tions: %s time proftpd is being shut down %r time new connections will be denied %d time current connections will be dropped %C current working directory (where applicable) %L local host name (or virtualhost name) %R remote host name %T local time (format Thu Nov 15 17:12:42 1990) %U username given at login time CAVEATS
Proftpd servers can only be shutdown via ftpshut if a master daemon is running in standalone mode. Servers running in inetd mode will honor the shutdown message file created by ftpshut, however currently running servers may be chroot(2)ed, and unable to read the shutdown message control file. It is possible to set an absolute shutdown time which is earlier than the current time. If this is the case, proftpd will not shutdown until the indicated time on the following day. FILES
/usr/sbin/ftpshut /etc/shutmsg AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
inetd(8),ftp(1),proftpd(8),ftpwho(1),ftpcount(1) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2003 ftpshut(8)