Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix coding tip required
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix coding tip required Post 302163520 by ennstate on Friday 1st of February 2008 08:40:28 AM
Old 02-01-2008
Didn't cd help you?

Thanks
Nagarajan G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Coding Standards

Hi, I am looking for some coding standards for Unix Shell Scripting. Can anyone help me out in this? Regards, Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu_s
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coding Standard For Unix Shell Scripting!!!

Is there any site on Coding Standard for Shell Scripting in UNIX. Please help me know!!!!! Thanks Om (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with tip utility in unix

Hi , I have wrote a telnet clinet application to interact with remote system . This program takes the screen shots for every interaction and send back to us. After connecting to remote machine , i want to call tip utility to interact with a device which is connected to one remote system. Now my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadvsda
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting Started in UNIX - incorporating C coding

I'm just starting a 'serious' coding in UNIX, so what I need is to run a C code on UNIX, What do I have to install (app) prior to coding/running the code and how do I compile that code? can I write my c code in UNIX or I need to have a visual studio for this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix coding for triggering informatica

Hi, I have very little knowledge with unix and pmcmd. I need help with a issue. I have to see whether a file has been dropped in a particular location/path. If the file dropped I have to check the last modified time, which should be greater than 8pmEST the prior day. If the file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwolves
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

rlogin questions (Unix Tip 3426 - June 26, 2012)

In the following Unix Tip from Unix Guru Universe, are there some typos? Specifically, should: "From hosts(user:deepak)" be "From host2(user:deepak)"? (I'm almost 100% certain it should) "rlogin hosts.domain.com -l paul" be "rlogin host2.domain.com -l paul"? Some related... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RandyKramer
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script coding help?

Unix script coding help? i am trying to write a code that will display following menu to user: (A) Add (B) Subtract (C) Multiply (D) Divide (E) Modulus (F) Exponentiation (G) Exit Then ask user for choice (A-F). After taking users choice ask user for two numbers and perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX script coding HW question

i am trying to write a script code in unix that will: 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: display following menu to user: (A) Add (B) Subtract (C) Multiply (D) Divide (E) Modulus (F) Exponentiation (G) Exit Then ask user for choice (A-F). After taking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Coding Style at UNIX.com forums

Hi, as I mentioned in this thread(https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/280737-awk-function-return-permutations-n-items-out-m.html), a helpful coding style may improve overall value and support for people who come here and want to learn things the participants from unix.com have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
2 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)