Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0" Post 302163241 by vbe on Thursday 31st of January 2008 10:33:24 AM
Old 01-31-2008
Unfortunately I dont have your soft (using ReflectionX...)

But I just tried using putty to see...
And you were right - with putty you will have to export your LAPTOP ip:0.0
So be sure to export the correct IP (who am i -R will return the good IP)
If it doesnt work then you will have to see with the support of your software

But lets hope...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat/delete per line any word "192.168.1.12"

Hi All Can u help me.. My problem is delete word per line sample: cat /tmp/file.txt monitor 192.168.1.11 Copying files in current directory 1 monitor 192.168.1.1 Copying files in current directory 2 monitor 192.168.1.12 Copying files in current directory 3 monitor 192.168.1.14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=23) fatal: division by zero attempted"

Hi , I have file : after i run this command : there are error can we print blank line if output error ?? thanks.. ^^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]

Hello, I have recently updated my AIX machine from version 6.1.7.5 to 6.1.9.1 and i noticed that the errpt of the server is full of ssh messages like the one below: sshdprocess_id>]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer Does anyone knows if this a known bug of the ssh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
pam_xauth(8)						   System Administrator's Manual					      pam_xauth(8)

NAME
pam_xauth - forward xauth keys between users SYNOPSIS
session optional /lib/security/pam_xauth.so arguments DESCRIPTION
pam_xauth.so is designed to forward xauth keys (sometimes referred to as "cookies") between users. Without pam_xauth, when xauth is enabled and a user uses the su command to assume another user's priviledges, that user is no longer able to access the original user's X display because the new user does not have the key needed to access the display. pam_xauth solves the problem by forwarding the key from the user running su (the source user) to the user whose identity the source user is assuming (the target user) when the session is created, and destroying the key when the session is torn down. This means, for example, that when you run su from an xterm sesssion, you will be able to run X programs without explicitly dealing with the xauth command or ~/.Xauthority files. pam_xauth will only forward keys if xauth can list a key connected to the $DISPLAY environment variable. Primitive access control is provided by ~/.xauth/export in the invoking user's home directory and ~/.xauth/import in the target user's home directory. If a user has a ~/.xauth/import file, the user will only receive cookies from users listed in the file. If there is no ~/.xauth/import file, the user will accept cookies from any other user. If a user has a .xauth/export file, the user will only forward cookies to users listed in the file. If there is no ~/.xauth/export file, and the invoking user is not root, the user will forward cookies to any other user. If there is no ~/.xauth/export file, and the invoking user is root, the user will not forward cookies to other users. Both the import and export files support wildcards (such as *). Both the import and export files can be empty, signifying that no users are allowed. ARGUMENTS
debug Turns on debugging messages sent to syslog. xauthpath=/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth Specify the path the xauth program (the default is /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth). IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
pam_xauth will work only if it is used from a setuid application in which the getuid() call returns the id of the user running the applica- tion, and for which PAM can supply the name of the account that the user is attempting to assume. The typical application of this type is su. The application must call both pam_open_session() and pam_close_session() with the ruid set to the uid of the calling user and the euid set to root, and must have provided as the PAM_USER item the name of the target user. pam_xauth calls xauth as the source user to extract the key for $DISPLAY, then calls xauth as the target user to merge the key into the a temporary database and later remove the database. pam_xauth cannot be told not to remove the keys when the session is closed. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pam*/html/index.html FILES
~/.xauth/import ~/.xauth/export BUGS
Let's hope not, but if you find any, please report them via the "Bug Track" link at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ AUTHOR
Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com>, based on original version by Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@redhat.com> Red Hat Linux 2001/9/27 pam_xauth(8)