Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a sheel script to compare no of file on diffrent servers Post 302163197 by Smoker on Thursday 31st of January 2008 08:12:41 AM
Old 01-31-2008
rdist
rsync
nfs mount and diff or cmp
import listings to a spreadsheet and run compares
etc......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Compare & Move between 2 servers

Greetings - I am a newbie in shell scripts. I have been thru the whole forum but there has been no similar query posed. The objective of my system is to have a unified filebase system. I am using RSync to synchronise files between the location & central server with both of them having the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evolve
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unix sheel script to run report

Hi All, I have a report which I am running from unix shell script using CONCSUB utility. Just for testing I put the order number in shell script as ord_low and ord_high. But Actually what is going to happen is that the order numbers will be in a file say a.txt and this CONCSUB should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

chaging a environment varible using sheel script

hi How can one change an environment varaible inside a shell script say my bash shell has a env variable export FOO="Day" no i want to write a script inside which the FOO variable is modified to say export FOO=NIGHT after this script finishes te bash shell should show me NIGHT when i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check succeesfull finish of a executable from the sheel script

Hi, I want to know is there a way out wherein we can know that the C++ executable has finished its task. Following is the steps: 1.Shell script calls a executable after setting all the env variables. 2.Now after the executable has done its job(basically to create some outpur files).The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which can send file to diffrent mail ids.

Hi i am looking for the script which can send file to different mailids, please halp me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare all the config files in a cluster of servers.

Hello Lads! Climbing the shell scripting learning curve, i am faced with yet another obstacle! Here's the challenge in front of me : 1) I have 15 servers in a cluster,all of them have the same config files by name : /home/apps/xrm/App_B.cfg 2) The developers change the entries in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sheel script to Delete a set of files from a given directory

I have a file <filestodelete> containing names of files to to be deleted from a directory <filesstore>. I want a script file which accptes the <filestodelete> and also the location of the directory(<filestore>) and deletes all files matching. Thanks in Advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VardhiniVenkat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script for multiple occurence of IP_Add in 3 diffrent directories .

Hello members. How can i write a script to find a multiple occurence of IP_ADD in the 3 different directories and under one path.after finding the IP_add redirect into a text file. for example home dir: /fdp/cdg under home directory there are several files and directories.so I have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to compare values between servers

Hi I am a beginner in UNIX and shell scripting and i have a requirement as stated below, requirement Login to a unix server 1 1. connect to a database mysql -uUsername -pPassword 2. Select a Schema : "Use Schemaname1" 3. query for a particular record ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamdul
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add field to diffrent file using shellscript? or awk

hi, would you help me? i have file total.csv "a","e23","f" "b,"34d","g" "c","45f","f" "d","45s","f" count.csv 3 i do this : paste -d',",' total.csv count.csv but the result like this: "a,"e23","f" 3 "b,"34d","g" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kivale
1 Replies
BZDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BZDIFF(1)

NAME
bzcmp, bzdiff - compare bzip2 compressed files SYNOPSIS
bzcmp [ cmp_options ] file1 [ file2 ] bzdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Bzcmp and bzdiff are used to invoke the cmp or the diff program on bzip2 compressed files. All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only 1 file is specified, then the files compared are file1 and an uncompressed file1.bz2. If two files are specified, then they are uncompressed if necessary and fed to cmp or diff. The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWbzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +--------------------+-----------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), bzmore(1), bzless(1), bzgrep(1), bzip2(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp or diff programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. BZDIFF(1)