Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing from the network
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Installing from the network Post 302163193 by aliban83 on Thursday 31st of January 2008 08:02:08 AM
Old 01-31-2008
Sorry I will remember that

Sorry I just didn't get response on my previouse one so I was trying to rephrace it. but i'll remember to merge them.
QUOTE=blowtorch;302163135]aliban83, please do not create more than one thread for the same topic. If you have any updates to give regarding your problem, you can post again in the same thread. I have merged the threads.[/QUOTE]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing RT2500 Wireless network card

I need to install a driver for my RT2500 PCI wireless network card on my Solaris 10. So I went to the ralink website (the manufacturer of the network card), and downloaded the linux (well supposedly the unix driver) binary file. Burned it to dvd, and copied from the dvd to my solaris computer.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xannen
3 Replies

3. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

4. SCO

Installing network printer

What is the command for setting up a network printer in SCO 5.0.5? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Network on Computer, might be driver

Hi All, Just completing my second Solaris installation, in the previous one which was on a Dell X64 machine, I went through the Network configuration setting, on the current computer which I am installing Solaris on, its a custom built machine and for some reason, I didnt see the screen where I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platforminc
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Nagios on Solaris for Network and Server Monitoring

Nagios is a free, open source enterprise-class network and server monitoring system that can benefit your IT infrastructure. Bill Bradford describes how to install and set up Nagios on a Solaris 10 system. For this example Bill uses Solaris 10 update 6 running in 32-bit mode on a VMware virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
NDBOOTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NDBOOTD(8)

NAME
ndbootd -- Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol server SYNOPSIS
ndbootd [-s boot2] [-i interface] [-w windowsize] [-d] boot1 DESCRIPTION
ndbootd is a server which supports the Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol. This protocol was designed by Sun before they designed NFS. ND sim- ply makes the raw blocks of a disk available to network clients. Contrast this with the true namespace and file abstractions that NFS pro- vides. The only reason you're likely to encounter ND nowadays is if you have an old Sun 2 machine, like the 2/120 or 2/50. The Sun 2 PROMs can only use ND to boot over the network. (Later, the Sun 3 PROMs would use RARP and TFTP to boot over the network.) ndbootd is a very simple ND server that only supports client reads for booting. It exports a disk that the clients consider to be /dev/ndp0 (ND public unit zero). The disk is available only to clients that are listed in /etc/ethers and have valid hostnames. (Sun 2 PROMs don't do RARP, but they do learn their IP address from the first ND response they receive from the server.) boot1 is a file containing the mandatory first-stage network boot program, typically /usr/mdec/bootyy. The layout of the exported disk is: o block 0: normally a Sun disklabel (but ignored by the PROM) o blocks 1-15: the first-stage network boot program With the -s boot2 option, ndbootd will also make a second-stage network boot program available to clients, typically /usr/mdec/netboot. When boot2 is a filename, that file is the single second-stage network boot program to be served to all clients. When boot2 is a directory name, typically /tftpboot, ndbootd finds a client's second-stage network boot program by turning its IP address into a filename in that directory, in the same manner later Sun 3 PROMs do when TFTPing (i.e., if a client has IP address 192.168.1.10, ndbootd expects to find /tftpboot/C0A8010A.SUN2 ). When used in this last manner with an ND-aware first-stage boot program, ndbootd serves the same purpose in the Sun 2 netboot process as tftpd(8) serves in the Sun 3 netboot process. Any second-stage network boot program always begins at block 16 of the exported disk, regardless of the length of the first-stage network boot program. All first- and second-stage network boot programs must have all executable headers stripped off; they must be raw binary programs. The remaining options are: -i interface Only listen for ND clients on interface interface. Normally ndbootd listens for clients on the first non-loopback IP interface that is up and running. -w windowsize This adjusts the window size of the ND protocol. This is the number of 1-kilobyte packets that can be transmitted before waiting for an acknowledgement. Defaults to 6. -d Run in debug mode. Debugging output goes to standard error and the server will not fork. FILES
/etc/ethers /etc/hosts SEE ALSO
tftpd(8) BUGS
Whether or not there is a second-stage network boot program, the exported disk appears to all clients to have infinite length. The content of all blocks not used by the first- or second-stage network boot programs is undefined. All client reads of undefined blocks are silently allowed by the server. BSD
May 9, 2001 BSD