Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing from the network
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Installing from the network Post 302163193 by aliban83 on Thursday 31st of January 2008 08:02:08 AM
Old 01-31-2008
Sorry I will remember that

Sorry I just didn't get response on my previouse one so I was trying to rephrace it. but i'll remember to merge them.
QUOTE=blowtorch;302163135]aliban83, please do not create more than one thread for the same topic. If you have any updates to give regarding your problem, you can post again in the same thread. I have merged the threads.[/QUOTE]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing RT2500 Wireless network card

I need to install a driver for my RT2500 PCI wireless network card on my Solaris 10. So I went to the ralink website (the manufacturer of the network card), and downloaded the linux (well supposedly the unix driver) binary file. Burned it to dvd, and copied from the dvd to my solaris computer.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xannen
3 Replies

3. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

4. SCO

Installing network printer

What is the command for setting up a network printer in SCO 5.0.5? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Network on Computer, might be driver

Hi All, Just completing my second Solaris installation, in the previous one which was on a Dell X64 machine, I went through the Network configuration setting, on the current computer which I am installing Solaris on, its a custom built machine and for some reason, I didnt see the screen where I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platforminc
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Nagios on Solaris for Network and Server Monitoring

Nagios is a free, open source enterprise-class network and server monitoring system that can benefit your IT infrastructure. Bill Bradford describes how to install and set up Nagios on a Solaris 10 system. For this example Bill uses Solaris 10 update 6 running in 32-bit mode on a VMware virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
clprivnet(7)					     Sun Cluster Device and Network Interfaces					      clprivnet(7)

NAME
clprivnet - SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/clprivnet DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver is a STREAMS pseudo driver supporting Sun Cluster resident applications that use standard Solaris interfaces to communicate over the Sun Cluster private network. By striping data traffic over all links, this driver opti- mally utilizes the bandwidth of the private network while supporting highly available, software fault-tolerant communication. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The driver is supported by the character-special device /dev/clprivnet, but is reserved for Sun Cluster internal operation and the standard Solaris network utilities. This interface must not be directly used for general application communication. ADMINISTRATION
The administration and configuration of the driver as a network interface is done completely by the Sun Cluster infrastructure internals. FILES
/dev/clprivnet clprivnet special character device /usr/kernel/drv/clprivnet.conf System-wide default device driver properties Sun Cluster 3.2 05 Sep 2007 clprivnet(7)