Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing from the network
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Installing from the network Post 302163135 by blowtorch on Thursday 31st of January 2008 05:26:33 AM
Old 01-31-2008
aliban83, please do not create more than one thread for the same topic. If you have any updates to give regarding your problem, you can post again in the same thread. I have merged the threads.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing RT2500 Wireless network card

I need to install a driver for my RT2500 PCI wireless network card on my Solaris 10. So I went to the ralink website (the manufacturer of the network card), and downloaded the linux (well supposedly the unix driver) binary file. Burned it to dvd, and copied from the dvd to my solaris computer.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xannen
3 Replies

3. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

4. SCO

Installing network printer

What is the command for setting up a network printer in SCO 5.0.5? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Network on Computer, might be driver

Hi All, Just completing my second Solaris installation, in the previous one which was on a Dell X64 machine, I went through the Network configuration setting, on the current computer which I am installing Solaris on, its a custom built machine and for some reason, I didnt see the screen where I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platforminc
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Nagios on Solaris for Network and Server Monitoring

Nagios is a free, open source enterprise-class network and server monitoring system that can benefit your IT infrastructure. Bill Bradford describes how to install and set up Nagios on a Solaris 10 system. For this example Bill uses Solaris 10 update 6 running in 32-bit mode on a VMware virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
net_phylookup(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					 net_phylookup(9F)

NAME
net_phylookup - determine if a network interface name exists for a network protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/neti.h> phy_if_t net_phylookup(const net_data_t net, const char *name); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
net value returned from a successful call to net_protocol_lookup(9F). name name of the network interface to find. DESCRIPTION
The net_phylookup() function attempts to resolve the interface name passed in with the network protocol. When called successfully, the value returned represents a network interface that exists, at the time of the call, within the scope of the network interface. This value is only guaranteed to be unique for a name within the scope of the network protocol. RETURN VALUES
The net_phylookup() function returns -1 if it is not supported by the network protocol, and 0 if the named network interface does not exist (or is otherwise unknown). Otherwise, it returns a value greater than 0 representing a network interface that currently exists within the scope of this network protocol. CONTEXT
The net_phylookup() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
net_getifname(9F), net_phygetnext(9F), net_protocol_lookup(9F), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 net_phylookup(9F)